Delivery issues

Back in 2017 I started collecting 2e, and everything was fine. But around   2019, when suddenly every shop in Moscow stopped updating their malifaux stocks. I was really confused, because prior new boxes were coming to Russia pretty fast. It was a lot faster than for example GW boxes etc.  But even worse than that is the fact that you can not order to Russia directly from wyrd shop. I literally can order malifaux to Uganda, but not to Russia.  Friend of mine adressed this issue on this forum and got answer:

Currently we are having a HUGE problem getting anything in there without it getting charged huge amounts of customs, getting returned, or just flat out 'disappearing'. So much so that we've had to stop shipping direct there unfortunately. When it happens to 9 out of 10 packages, its an issue, an expensive one, which just frustrates everyone.

The question is. When Wyrd are going to solve this problem. Right now whole Russian region got shutted off from malifaux ( except for some mailforwarding shenanigans which are expensive btw). Is this really bothers Wyrd not? A whole country without official delivery. And Russian customs officials just returning everything without reason or just making whole shipment "disapear"? Are they not giving any comments or ways to deal with this situation? GW or Corvus belli having no problems, judging by amount of their new boxes in shops. Am I doomed to mailforward malifaux forever?

Sorry for a lot of text, but the whole situation really bothers me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Obviously, I'm not Wyrd, but what is the situation for other US companies?  GW and Corvus Belli may well be getting stuff delivered without issue, but GW is a UK company and Corvus Belli is Spanish, so it could be the case that Europe-wide shipments aren't encountering problems but US-based ones are (which would make me think its something to do with the current US leadership).

But that's just supposition on my part.  It would explain a lot though.  Of course, if other US companies aren't having the same problem then it won't be that!

Welp, the two large distributors that were carrying things over on that end, and doing a very good job of it, managed to kill each other off somehow. I haven't gotten the full of it as its none of my business, but essentially they both went out with a bang. Since then, its retailers whom have the option of bringing product in, but refuse or do not understand how to use a freight forwarder in to get product through. It's happened a few times, but there has been a few issues of ... shenanigans. :)

There are a few other issues, but essentially any time we use Fedex, FIMS and a large portion of the postal service, things disappear, get returned, unable to deliver, or in a few cases, hit with so much fees that its two to three times the cost of the actual product in the package. Those that don't get thrown out, get returned, and guess who has to eat the cost of that? On top of that, it doesn't get to where it was supposed to, so we apologize and do a return of the order and shipping. When it adds up to several, several thousands over a couple of months, you suddenly start looking at what works, and what doesn't. 

Then of course, there are those want packaging and identification changed out. That's not going to happen, particularly on the scale that is being discussed. 

We're always looking for ways to sort, and when we can, we will. Believe me, much rather support the Russian community, but we're not going to turn it into a constant loss either, as that frankly does us no good, and the frustration on that end only continues to grow. 

Know someone that has their stuff together and understands quantities for distribution and how to use freight forwarding, send them our way, we'll happily engage in conversation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1