Aeslin and Underbrush Markers

trikk

Question

Aeslin is "unaffected by underbrush markers"

Some models are unaffected by certain types of terrain or terrain Markers. If a model is unaffected by a terrain trait, it ignores that trait for game purposes:
Severe: The model does not suffer the movement penalty of Severe Terrain.
Hazardous: The model does not suffer the effects of the Hazardous Terrain.
Concealing: This model ignores the Concealing Trait when drawing LoS.

If Aeslin shoots an enemy inside an underbrush marker, does the enemy have concealment?

I was pretty sure the answer is yes but right now I'm kind of inclined to say the enemy does not have concealment

5 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, trikk said:

Aeslin is "unaffected by underbrush markers"

If Aeslin shoots an enemy inside an underbrush marker, does the enemy have concealment?

I was pretty sure the answer is yes but right now I'm kind of inclined to say the enemy does not have concealment

No the enemy does not because when Aeslin  draws the sight lines she will ignore the concealing trait on the Underbrush marker.

• Agree 2

It's as Adran say, it was also adressed in the GG1 FAQ (terrain section):

2. If a model is unaffected by Concealing Terrain, does it still gain Concealment from enemy Actions that draw LoS through that Concealing Terrain?

a) Yes. Being unaffected by Concealing Terrain does not prevent a model from gaining Concealment from enemy models drawing LoS through that terrain. Being unaffected by Concealing terrain allows the model to ignore the Concealing trait when it is drawing LoS to other models.

34 minutes ago, Ogid said:

It's as Adran say, it was also adressed in the GG1 FAQ (terrain section):

I'd say it was covered in the rules quoted by Trikk 

"Concealing This model ignores the concealing trait when drawing LOS. "

The FAQ really answers a different question, of can a model that ignores the concealing trait still gain benefit of the concealing trait if someone else draws line of sight to it.

EDIT - Although, as pointed out, the second sentence of the answer does echo the rules for this answer

11 minutes ago, Adran said:

The FAQ really answers a different question, of can a model that ignores the concealing trait still gain benefit of the concealing trait if someone else draws line of sight to it.

That's the first half of the FAQ, the second half is:

"Being unaffected by Concealing terrain allows the model to ignore the Concealing trait when it is drawing LoS to other models."

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Adran said:

It's in both, Trikk one is the base rule, the FAQ confirms it in the second line of that questiion.

Being unaffected by Concealing terrain allows the model to ignore the Concealing trait when it is drawing LoS to other models.

That question cover both ways, what happens when he is the target and when he is targeting. Probably that was added after this thread where that difference between targeting and getting targeted wasn't clear for some players.