Austringer scale

Fuzzle

Hoping this hasn’t been discussed; I’m relatively new to using this forum.  Austringers; will they be correct scale moving forward? Ie if I order new ones? 

I have the original models and they’re of a much smaller scale compared to M3e basse box models. 

When you say original models what do you mean? The metal ones or the M2e plastic ones?

Every thing is nominally the same scale, but sometimes poses seem to cause too big models. I don't know of any unintended size issues with austringers. Reichart is a very large man. 

Short version:  I really doubt the Austringer models will be redone any time soon.  

Longer version:

I don't have any of the old metal austringers, but there's a size comparison in Gmorts Chaotica's unboxing of the plastic ones originally released for M2E:

http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.com/2018/01/unboxing-malifaux-m2e-guild-austringers.html

As far as I can tell, the From Above box for M3E contains the same versions of the Austringer models as the M2E boxes.

I think you've got to be careful when comparing Wyrd model sizes.  Some of the kneeling plastic models are bigger than the scale dictates they should be, and it's unclear whether that happens by accident, or because of attempts to make the kneeling models taller to avoid people complaining about the models looking small.

Austringers didn't get new artwork in the new edition, and that's been a good indicator that work is being done on a resculpt for the model.

• 3 weeks later...