"Through this, they arrive at art."

Jesy Blue

So I'm finally ready to base my Qi and Gong, but would like some advice on contrasting or complimentary colors... I'm not good at that stuff.

Each model's kimono color scheme is black and a different pastel color (blue, pink, green, etc) to help differentiate them, with minimal white accents.  
I want the base to be one solid color with a spider web painted in the shallow center where they will be standing.

What do you think would be a good uniformed contrasting color combo for the base and web to be?

I assume you use all the colors. Normally models look great an bases with contrasting colors. But in your case you use all, so no contrasting color for all. In that case I would try a rather light base going for a contrast to the black.

My default view is that spiders webs are white, so you want a dark colour underneath.

Although it may be an issue if the Kimono is very black. So I guess it depends on how the Kimono look if you can get away with a dark base.

If you're looking at a lighter base, you may want a darker spiders web

So after much deliberation, I've gotten my hands on an iridescent metallic white paint for the webs, a middle ground (I'm told warm) gray for the rest of the center, and the rim with be a stone work textured black paint.... a lighter to darker monochrome gradient from the center outward.

Thanks for all the input, I'll post pics once all the materials come in.

• 2 weeks later...