Fixing Revenant

Da Git

10 minutes ago, unti said:

Am I missing something: a lampad can only put a pyre 5inch up the board.. is that enough to be in the middle or in the way of your opponent?

I'm just asking because I really want to use at least one lampad...

If you set it up right then its more than that. If you start your walk just touching the pyre marker and walk directly away you actually get 5" plus the 40mm of the Lampard and the 50mm of the pyre base so slightly over 8.5" movement of the pyre marker.

(Granted I don't play Reva, I do play Kaeris who has more control over the initial pyre placement before her crew walk it around, so I can often get the pyres placed just right).

7 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

If you view it as an overall game effect of movement, a Lampad can produce about 25 inches of pyre marker movement over the course of a game.

EDIT: For turn one specifically, you can get a corpse candle to walk it 8 inches, then the lampad boosts up to it and walks and moves it another ~7 or so. So middle of the board turn one is quite easy.

And then the Lampad is killed because is on the middle of the table and has Df4/Wp5, and you have to use the Pyre to bring him back, so all that setup for nothing :P (trolling here)

8 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

If you view it as an overall game effect of movement, a Lampad can produce about 25 inches of pyre marker movement over the course of a game.

EDIT: For turn one specifically, you can get a corpse candle to walk it 8 inches, then the lampad boosts up to it and walks and moves it another ~7 or so. So middle of the board turn one is quite easy.

But then you can't stay with 3" of the whole crew to pulse Focus, which was part of the plan. I'm not sure how you manage to get more than one pyre anywhere useful if they have to bunch up so early in the game. Maybe on Wedge or Flank I guess. If you're not worried about that though, yes, it can be quite easy to get 2-4 pyres near mid field. It's one place where Vincent and Rapid Fire can be useful - he can pop them quite far upfield. Of course, your opponent will learn this and start killing them himself to deny you pyres.