From nightmares into deployment?

Ming

Summoned Nightmares have an Unbury effect on the summon upgrade:

hm_7-XAkJrI.jpg

As the core rules say:

A Buried model can only be returned to the table via an Unbury effect. When Unburying a model, the controller of the Unbury effect places the model back on the table as described by the effect. If the model cannot be Placed, the owner of the model instead places it anywhere inside their Deployment Zone.

-

Surely, if the unburying model just cannot fit next to the failed model, it will be placed inside DZ. 

But if the model that failed Wp is dead (or buried) after resolving the current Action? Will the nightmare be unburied in DZ? Or will it cancel the unbury effect since there's no model to be placed next to? There's "may" in the wording, so technically the unbury isn't mandatory and can be canceled.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 74legion said:

1 buried model.

2 there is no failure of the duel.

Can I dig it up in the placement zone. Or Should I do a duel?

That rule kicks in when a model try to unbury but that unbury is illegal for X reason. In your example: as there is no failure in the duel, there is no unbury generated (fail to meet the condition to unbury =/= fail to unbury); so the model remain buried.

1 hour ago, 74legion said:

1 buried model.

2 there is no failure of the duel.

Can I dig it up in the placement zone. Or Should I do a duel?

I don't know that I understand the question.

If you have a buried model (with from nightmares) and there is no failed wp duel then you can't unbury. (unless it has some other unbury effect on it)