Master Ranks by Strategy Survey - Neverborn

Khyodee

Interested to see the results, although of course just judging on strats alone doesn't tell you that much. I found it very hard to rank them all in a way that felt meaningful especially for Marcus who I know almost nothing about. 

I expect Nekima and Dreamer to take top spots, although I also find Euripides pretty strong. While I love Lucius I'm not entirely sure what if any strats he would be the best pick for, while Nekima can really do them all. Hopefully I'm wrong and just need to work him out more, because Nekima -while strong- isn't that interesting to play, and in my experience has lead to a lot of 2 or 3 turn games where my opponent just concedes, which is never that satisfying for either of us. 

Agree with the above concerns, rating from 1 to 8 may lead to players misplacing masters for lack of experience or for overating their main master. Maybe a better way would be creating different categories like 5 Very good, 4 Good, 3 Decent, 2 Bad, 1 Don't know.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ogid said:

Agree with the above concerns, rating from 1 to 8 may lead to players misplacing masters for lack of experience or for overating their main master. Maybe a better way would be creating different categories like 5 Very good, 4 Good, 3 Decent, 2 Bad, 1 Don't know.

that would be my preference too, as I would probably rank a lot of masters on the same tier rather than distinctly better or worse. Especially after my first 3 picks it gets hazy

This will be interesting because I haven't played half of the NB masters in 3rd; only 1 brand new Euripides player I've seen play, complete lack of Neverborn Marcus here too. Khyodee, how do you suggest I order those to give you "clean" results?

22 hours ago, Khyodee said:

Hey folks, I'm looking for people's popular opinion on where all the masters fall in rank within their faction for the different strategies. 1=Best to 8=Worse.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7W79B9R

I also found it difficult to vote as someone who only plays half the Neverborn master pool. Do I just rank the ones that I play, or do I try to rank based on what I've heard about masters? Is the latter just going to build on a preexisting narrative instead of making useful data?

I wish there was a way to leave several masters tied at blank***.

*** Just realized you can do that. Oops.