Second Keyword/Master to Cover Viks

Bisounours

What master/keyword best covers the Viks weak strategies/schemes or faction match ups?

For example, they definitely seem to struggle the most with Corrupted Idols and Assassinate. What master covers these matchups the best? Are there other factions or matchups that Viks have too much trouble into that also need coverage?

My first thoughts based on limited information on the other masters is to lean towards Leveticus and Zipp.  I could see both Leveticus and Viks struggling into something like Nephilim/Black Blood but he is certainly more durable and would cover well into defensive tech like armor/incorporeal/butterfly jump that Viks could struggle with. While both Zipp and Viks can do great at scheming, Zipp brings alot to the table in almost any strategy/scheme and Flying Piglets should be great into the Viks worst strategy - Corrupted Idols.

If you were to add a single second master/keyword to your repertoire to cover Viks matchups, who would you choose?

Just now, Jesy Blue said:

Wait, are you asking what second master to bring into a Mercenary crew, or what other keyword to bring the Viktorias into.... or both?

Neither ><. I guess I could have made that more clear somehow. I'm asking as someone playing just the Viks into every game, what master/keyword would you take up as a second choice to cover bad strategy/scheme/faction matchups when the Viks aren't a good choice.

Ahhhhhhh..... got it!  Zipp & Parker. 

Infamous brings so many things that fill holes in Outcast:  flight, condition removal, marker dropping, non-destructible marker removal. 

Bandits keep the fast paced movement shenanigans of Mercenary with more shooting combos and ranged scheming.

8 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Ahhhhhhh..... got it!  Zipp & Parker. 

Infamous brings so many things that fill holes in Outcast:  flight, condition removal, marker dropping, non-destructible marker removal. 

Bandits keep the fast paced movement shenanigans of Mercenary with more shooting combos and ranged scheming.

Very cool. I'll definitely look into them!

16 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Unfortunately, with Viktoria as leader you can't bring any condition removal from Infamous. (assuming you are speaking about Wrastlers and not about worthless Rebel Yell from Johan😝)

I had some success using Von Schill as second master. Ronins are awesome minions to buff with upgrades, and Schill himself brings much needed survivability and reliable long range damage. 

Leveticus can be good as an additional threat for your opponent to deal with.

Should be a keyword with strong/tough elite models that don't give easy points in Reckoning. 

If I should choose a second master to play mostly on Reckoning and Idols, I probably would go for Freikorps, since they have the resilience that Mercenaries lack.

Amalgam could also be a good choice. 

Only one point. 

I think he's saying that he only has the Mercenary crew, and he's looking for advice to which other crew could he chose instead Viktorias to fill the worst strategies/schemes for Mercenary. He's not asking for a second Master to hire in Viktorias crews. 

Am I wrong? 

1 hour ago, Zebo said:

Should be a keyword with strong/tough elite models that don't give easy points in Reckoning. 

If I should choose a second master to play mostly on Reckoning and Idols, I probably would go for Freikorps, since they have the resilience that Mercenaries lack.

Amalgam could also be a good choice. 

I've been having luck denying Reckoning with Plague; I've taken him every Reckoning game for the past month and I've only given up 1 Strategy point in 3 games so far, but lost because the scheme pool was very wrong for Plague... I just needed the experience in anti-reckoning, which seems to work.  I just need killy schemes in the killy strategy.

Good thought with Idols and Freikorps; I do that all the time but it slipped my mind!

7 hours ago, Zebo said:

Only one point. 

I think he's saying that he only has the Mercenary crew, and he's looking for advice to which other crew could he chose instead Viktorias to fill the worst strategies/schemes for Mercenary. He's not asking for a second Master to hire in Viktorias crews. 

Am I wrong? 

You are correct. I probably could have worded it better considering the changes to hiring second masters in 3E.

Freikorps seems like an interesting pick and the Hulk Hogan ascetic has always been tempting...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

I've been having luck denying Reckoning with Plague; I've taken him every Reckoning game for the past month and I've only given up 1 Strategy point in 3 games so far, but lost because the scheme pool was very wrong for Plague... I just needed the experience in anti-reckoning, which seems to work.  I just need killy schemes in the killy strategy.

Good thought with Idols and Freikorps; I do that all the time but it slipped my mind!

I presume Hamelin, Nix, OW, Midnight Stalker, Ashes and Dust? Or Malifaux Rat Spam?

• 2 weeks later...