Cassandra Upstage

HadjiMurat

1 hour ago, Adran said:

Yes she could, but it would count as her Bonus action for the turn.

Based on last sentence of the Actions Generated by Effects section on pg 34 "Actions generated in this way follow the normal sequence for Actions and do not count against a model’s Action limit."  Sounds like a copied bonus action would not count as her bonus action for the activation, unless I'm missing something.

1 minute ago, Boomstick said:

Based on last sentence of the Actions Generated by Effects section on pg 34 "Actions generated in this way follow the normal sequence for Actions and do not count against a model’s Action limit."  Sounds like a copied bonus action would not count as her bonus action for the activation, unless I'm missing something.

The rules for Bonus actions Limit you to one bonus action per activation.

They also don't count towards your models action limits. So the limit to 1 bonus action isn't a models action limit

There is a couple of call out boxes that clarify that Bonus Actions caused by Triggers can still be taken if you have already taken a bonus action this turn.

Page 12, page 21 and page 22 should give you all the bonus action rules

12 minutes ago, Adran said:

The rules for Bonus actions Limit you to one bonus action per activation.

They also don't count towards your models action limits. So the limit to 1 bonus action isn't a models action limit

There is a couple of call out boxes that clarify that Bonus Actions caused by Triggers can still be taken if you have already taken a bonus action this turn.

Page 12, page 21 and page 22 should give you all the bonus action rules

Ah, I was missing that Bonus Actions themselves also don't count towards the action limit and was thinking that the action limit was defined as 2 actions (3 for Masters) + a bonus if applicable. Thanks!

47 minutes ago, Mycellanious said:

So if Cassandra uses Upstage on a bonus action, it counts as 1 of her actions AND her bonus action? That sucks real bad

Yes, so only do it if you really need that bonus action to happen in her turn. I'm sure there are times when it is worth it. But most of the time its probably not. But options are good so at least allowing the action to copy bonus actions is better for her than not.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1