Crew links.

Artiee

7 hours ago, Artiee said:

I uninstalled and reinstalled.  Still the same.  Also I lost all my crews when I did that. I thought they was saved to my google account. 

Are you signed in (and were you signed in before)? If you were signed in before your data should be recovered when you re-sign in after reinstall.

7 hours ago, Artiee said:

That link takes me to a base Dreamer crew on Android. I will test on an iPhone as soon as I can.

45 minutes ago, Artiee said:

That link does the same thing for me.   Mine was also on the latest version.  I’m on iOS 13. 

Here is a new link.  https://m3e.page.link/n1yknZmJ84zkgSh69

Huh. Strangely enough, that link does not work for me (iOS user - brings me to the website just like you're experiencing) but does work for Matt (Android). He now has "Jar Two Boxes" Kaeris Crew as a Shared Crew on his app.

@dzlier Hope this troubleshooting helps isolate the issue instead of further confusing it!

1 hour ago, Artiee said:

That link does the same thing for me.   Mine was also on the latest version.  I’m on iOS 13. 

Here is a new link.  https://m3e.page.link/n1yknZmJ84zkgSh69

For clarification, can you please state the behavior in each of these cases:

1. Someone else creates a link on iOS (e.g. Kyle's link above) and you click on it.
2. Someone else creates a link on Android and you click on it.
3. You create a link in iOS and try to open it yourself.
4. You create a link in iOS and share it here (so I can click on it to verify it's opening for me).

47 minutes ago, dzlier said:

For clarification, can you please state the behavior in each of these cases:

1. Someone else creates a link on iOS (e.g. Kyle's link above) and you click on it.
2. Someone else creates a link on Android and you click on it.
3. You create a link in iOS and try to open it yourself.
4. You create a link in iOS and share it here (so I can click on it to verify it's opening for me).

1.  I've tryed with Kyle's share with the same result .
2.  Sorry, I do not have anyone that has a Android.   Can someone post a Android made one.?
3.  Already tryed today and same result.    https://m3e.page.link/HeCH
4. I created one today above and .  (Jar Two Boxes)  https://m3e.page.link/n1yknZmJ84zkgSh69     (The Band)  https://m3e.page.link/HeCH

1 minute ago, Artiee said:

the same result

I'm trying to clarify what you mean when you say "the same result." That means loading the webpage instead of the app?

I have 2 theories:

1. There are some phone settings that disable opening custom links in apps. I'll look into this more.
2. I checked some dynamic link config I had for the app and it was missing one thing for iPhone, which I added earlier today and looks like it's taken effect now. I'm not sure why that would be affecting some users and not others, or how it effects links generated before I made the change, but it might make a difference for links generated from now on. Please try clearing any cache associated with the app via your phone settings and generating a new link (might need to do a different crew as well just to be safe).

I would share a link generated from my Android, but I'm testing out a... special feature involving these links which I can't reveal quite yet.

3 minutes ago, dzlier said:

I'm trying to clarify what you mean when you say "the same result." That means loading the webpage instead of the app?

I have 2 theories:

1. There are some phone settings that disable opening custom links in apps. I'll look into this more.
2. I checked some dynamic link config I had for the app and it was missing one thing for iPhone, which I added earlier today and looks like it's taken effect now. I'm not sure why that would be affecting some users and not others, or how it effects links generated before I made the change, but it might make a difference for links generated from now on. Please try clearing any cache associated with the app via your phone settings and generating a new link (might need to do a different crew as well just to be safe).

I would share a link generated from my Android, but I'm testing out a... special feature involving these links which I can't reveal quite yet.

Yes.    That same thing I showed.    It gets that Crew Builder page with the Open button.  And then I click on it, it brings me to the Wyrd App page.,

Uninstalling and Reinstalling worked.    There been several bugs that involved uninstalling and reinstalling to fix because of the cache.   May want a way to clear the cache from the app.  

Also my crews was not saved when I reinstalled.   May need a way to show that the crews are synced to the account.

58 minutes ago, Artiee said:

Uninstalling and Reinstalling worked.    There been several bugs that involved uninstalling and reinstalling to fix because of the cache.   May want a way to clear the cache from the app.  

Also my crews was not saved when I reinstalled.   May need a way to show that the crews are synced to the account.

It seems like there is some weird conflict with your phone settings in particular in some way, as I haven't had any other reports of data being lost.

Do you have any other device you could sign in to like a tablet or anything, and see if your data is shared across apps?

Also what's your display name? I can look at data on the cloud side if I can narrow it down.