Where to go next?

Regelridderen

Which Master next?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So as I’ve now covered the Woes and Nightmares + the Elites (sans the new boys). And will take a little break doing skelly pirates and Guild fireblasters - but after that it is back to Neverborn. 

Then a question comes. Where to go? Which Master would you suggest (+ what modrls?).? 

I’ve got my eyes on Zoraida or the Savage crew. But could go elsewhere. 

Any of them...

I'd go for Nekima/Marcus; probably Nekima to get the BBS and Matures, this would add a powerful rushy crew to your roster and some OOK tricks like the Focus Spam. Titania could be another good choice, they are very tanky and killy (and if you already have Emissary and Rider, you have half of that crew). Those cover well the bases left by the other crews (agressive and strong reckoning play and concealment versus shooty crews mainly)

But Zoraida is quite powerful, so it'd be a good choice...

About models, there are very good versatiles in NBV... Rider and Emissary are very good, Angel Eyes for some Lucius shenanigans, Hinamatsu, Vasilissa and the dolls may set up a nice puppets crew (but for this one you'll probably want to get coryphees)...

I'd get the Zoraida core box to be able to use her as a secondary master for both Pandora and Dreamer (very good), then I'd get one of the crews above (Nekima/Titania), and then go back and get a few extra Swampfiends.

Some pros and cons:

Nekima: :+flipVery agressive and fast crew, alternative growing style, Black blood, BBS + Matures are a neat OOK trick for other crews, Nekima could be a nice second master:-flip Glass cannon, people will turtle (if this happens a lot, change to the growing style)

Titania:  :+flipVery tanky crew while also being killy, cheap if you have Emissary/Rider (with only the Core you can start playing it), underbrush markers, injured, Models with double keyword with both Swampfiend and Savage:-flip Lack healing, a bit slow.

Marcus: :+flipVery agressive and fast crew, very high versatility inside the keyword, can play any scheme/strategy, beast from Swampfiend (nvb only) may be played here, Marcus would probably be a decent second master for Zoraida (a lot of beast in Swampfiends) :-flipLow synergy with the rest of the faction, Very big pool of models

Zoraida: :+flipTop notch master (and very good double master), lot of stealth in the keyword, obey from 24'', the first mate, fast and annoying crew. :-flip Kind of squishy, not well suited for direct assault, big model pool.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

So as I’ve now covered the Woes and Nightmares + the Elites (sans the new boys). And will take a little break doing skelly pirates and Guild fireblasters - but after that it is back to Neverborn. 

Then a question comes. Where to go? Which Master would you suggest (+ what modrls?).? 

I’ve got my eyes on Zoraida or the Savage crew. But could go elsewhere. 

Curious how your experiences were with Woes and Nightmares, and how many games you got in with each. Care to give an overview of your thoughts on each?

7 hours ago, Mut said:

Curious how your experiences were with Woes and Nightmares, and how many games you got in with each. Care to give an overview of your thoughts on each?

Haven’t tried the woes yet, and only a handful of games and middling tournament place with nightmare (took first for painting though).

But the nightmare crew is a lot of fun.. tons of utility, killiness and nasty tricks. I like the crew very much, it really caters to my playstyle, with the internal synergy, the theme of the models. I liked that chompy and Dreamer is now both on the table, and chompy is more the beaty extension of the Dreamer. I had one game, where I didn’t stand a chance. I won no duets for the first 3 turns, and even unresisted duels hardly came through, so I didn’t even get my summons unburied till turn 4. Despite this I managed to outmaneuver my opponent and eke in a draw.

My best advice is, not to think of summoning as your primary resource. Its great and powerful, but stuff like teleporting chompy into position, pairing him up with Serena etc. really brings the pain. So to make sure things work, remember to bring soul stones. 

Also, your deck might become a lean, mean duel-winning machine by the end of the game, but even in turn 1 your deck is at least just as good, as your opponents, so there is no reason to hold back.

Stitched are amazing of course. Miss Ery always look the part - I can’t think of a nightmare, that does work.