Henchmen Hardcore Suggestions

CustardBomb

Hi all! 

Wondering what crews or leaders your all looking at for Hechmen Hardcore Events. 

With the Scheme and Strat pool locked it makes for some interesting crew building. 

My first instincts lead me to the First Mate as the best selection but are there any good options which have escaped my attention. 

My standard list is 

First Mate
Iron Skeeter
Gator
Grootslang. (Not sure on this guy, love the model but limited use in Hency other then delivering markers to the flanks and harassing people. 
(1 Soul Stone Remaining) 

The List can easily put 3 explosives down on the first turn if necessary. 

Curious what everybody else is running! :)

If you are playing the set schemes and strategies for HH, then go to I have the perfect crew for you!  I call it DWI:

Soul Stone Cache: 0
[Henchmen]
 - Popcorn Turner, Leader
[Enforcers]
 - Lucky Emissary
 - Whiskey Golem
[Minions]
 - Bayou Gremlin

Give both Enforcers 2 bombs, give Popcorn 1, gremlin gets none.

Emissary can move 12" in an action with Steamroller; Golem, with Nimble, has a 15" move over three actions; Popcorn can push 3 then walk 6" per action, for another 15".  you will have all 5 bombs on the opponent's side turn 2 guarenteed.

Popcorn can push out of combat and has a self heal, and the Golem can heal him, all to prevent Assassinate.  Ranged poison over time is a great way to easily get assassinate. 

Bayou Gremlin runs in their way to hasten their interact actions so they can't put the markers down when they want, as with only 4 models, action economy is at its peak, and they can't be used for Vendetta target as nothing costs 1 Soul Stone.

Whether they pick Golem or Emissary as Vendetta, good luck catching them!

• Like 1

Being able to drop 3 bombs on turn one is a huge benefit, as it leaves you the rest of the game to defend them or score vendetta/assassinate. Personally I run a a mobile, hard-hitting crew so that after you drop off your bombs, you can hit your opponent hard (whether for schemes or to interfere with their planting bombs or to protect your own).

I play ressers in HH, so can't give specific tips beyond that!  Tanky models are good for your leader especially - the harder you can make the assassinate points, the better.

Also be prepared for a fast, brutal game. With wedge deployment and only 4 models each, you'll find that the losses add up super fast.

• Like 1

Thats the construction for the origional crew. 

First mate can leap, walk and place a bomb. 

The Iron Skeeter can fly with me the gator. Then walk 7 then drop a bomb.

The gator can then amvush 3 inches, walk and place and bomb. 

The grootslang is the variable at the momment. It cant place turn one and isnt a huge beater. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CustardBomb said:

Thats the construction for the origional crew. 

First mate can leap, walk and place a bomb. 

The Iron Skeeter can fly with me the gator. Then walk 7 then drop a bomb.

The gator can then amvush 3 inches, walk and place and bomb. 

The grootslang is the variable at the momment. It cant place turn one and isnt a huge beater. 

Seems like a solid list, might as well try it out!

I wonder if a Bad Juju would serve you better than the Grootslang, though. It will be hella disruptive, and it gives you a solid threat against your opponent. If they start chasing your models planting explosives, you can counter attack with the bad juju. If they attack the Juju, they'll have to do at least 13 damage (assuming they do it so fast you don't get a chance to regenerate). That's a lot of health to tear through. It's also an awkward vendetta target for them.

I use Archie + Philip and the Nanny + 2 crooligans, and having a beater like Archie that can single-handedly kill an entire crew left unchecked is very useful for taking the pressure off the others.

1 minute ago, CustardBomb said:

Saddly JuJu doesnt fit. I only have one stone spare sfter the slang.

I am looking into Gracie to replace the slang shes a lot slower but is far more threatening. Plus is a tougher vendetta target.

Isn't the Grootslang 8? So if you remove it, with your one cache, you have exactly 9 for the Juju if you wish.