Mercenary crew questions

Hot4Perdita

So I played my first game with my new Victoria’s crew tonight. It was lots of fun and learned a lot, including one thing I did majorly wrong! (I didn’t realize at the time that an attack generated by a trigger couldn’t generate triggers. I was bouncing back and forth between the Vic’s with “That one counts as mine” over and over. It did seem pretty over the top. Now I know why! Apologies to my opponent.)

I found my above error from the rules, but I did have a couple other I couldn’t find. Hope fully some of you could answer this for me.

1. Do both Vic’s count as one model for the purposes of strategies and schemes (I.e. Assasinate, deliver a message)? Or is one Vic designated a leader, and the other just an extra Master?

2. The Ronin’s On the Move ability states: “At the start of this model’s activation, it may move up to 3”, ignoring other models.” We had a question over whether this ability would trigger a disengage strike when it was engaged and left melee. My best guess is that it doesn’t, because you are not performing a walk action (which isn’t allowed), nor are you doing the disengage action. Plus, the ability says you may move 3”, not do your Mv. Last, the ability also says ignore enemy models, so that would pretty much negate the model engaging you anyway. Based on all those reasons, I would assume I would be able to move 3” away out of melee like a push, but without the straight line restriction since it says “move” and not “push”, plus not generate a disengage strike. Does any one have any insight on this? 

32 minutes ago, Hot4Perdita said:

1. Do both Vic’s count as one model for the purposes of strategies and schemes (I.e. Assasinate, deliver a message)? Or is one Vic designated a leader, and the other just an extra Master?

When you hire your crew, you first designate a singular Leader for your list (Encounter Setup step E, rules pdf page 42). You don't get any other Leaders. Other Vik hired in the Encounter Setup step F is just a Master.

32 minutes ago, Hot4Perdita said:

2. The Ronin’s On the Move ability states: “At the start of this model’s activation, it may move up to 3”, ignoring other models.” We had a question over whether this ability would trigger a disengage strike when it was engaged and left melee. My best guess is that it doesn’t, because you are not performing a walk action (which isn’t allowed), nor are you doing the disengage action. Plus, the ability says you may move 3”, not do your Mv. Last, the ability also says ignore enemy models, so that would pretty much negate the model engaging you anyway. Based on all those reasons, I would assume I would be able to move 3” away out of melee like a push, but without the straight line restriction since it says “move” and not “push”, plus not generate a disengage strike. Does any one have any insight on this? 

Short answer: you can move freely.

Disengaging strike is very specific in that it only occurs when a model declares they're Disengaging (rules pdf page 22).

Rules pdf page 26 lists out what you cannot do while engaged. Walk and Charge are specifically forbidden. But generic movement is not. If you have an effect that "moves" you, "places" you, "pushes" you, you're free to do them. Assuming those actions themselves aren't limited to non-engaged (some are, but "On the Move" isn't).

• Agree 2