Wong crew beating

Kiryn

19 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

Vassal game was vs Hamelin and it was Flank Reckoning. 

Same list. 

Wong blew him out of the water. Rats didn't survive pigapult blasts, taxi got launched up  a bit so that he could get in and kill the stolen. He died after that but Gracie was there to make the day. Ended up callign it in turn 4 as a 7-2

I think bringing Hamelin agains Boyou is very like coming to a gunfight with a knife: we have too many great models to wipe rats and kids. 

So a random thought I had this morning...Olivia as Pigapult ammo. ;)

Basically if you throw her into the enemy, you get to make use of Lovely Assistant to increase that shockwave to a near-impossible Mv 17 duel! Follow it up with a Stuffed piglet, and any resultant Bacon Bomb becomes a much more formidable TN13 Mv duel, or more if you've primed it with Glowy.

You could also use her to support a Lightning Bug on the flank. Hurl them both into an enemy scheme runner, then finish it off with the Lightning bug.  In later turns they can then start placing scheme markers themselves, whilst using Olivia to keep the Bug loaded with Glowy Tokens for attacks, or a potential final encore with his Demise (Arcane Feedback). 

12 hours ago, Rathnard said:

So a random thought I had this morning...Olivia as Pigapult ammo. ;)

Basically if you throw her into the enemy, you get to make use of Lovely Assistant to increase that shockwave to a near-impossible Mv 17 duel! Follow it up with a Stuffed piglet, and any resultant Bacon Bomb becomes a much more formidable TN13 Mv duel, or more if you've primed it with Glowy.

You could also use her to support a Lightning Bug on the flank. Hurl them both into an enemy scheme runner, then finish it off with the Lightning bug.  In later turns they can then start placing scheme markers themselves, whilst using Olivia to keep the Bug loaded with Glowy Tokens for attacks, or a potential final encore with his Demise (Arcane Feedback). 

I'd like this so much better if she wasn't 4 hit points.  All her abilities seem to want her to be in the middle of it all and yet an errant bullet just takes her right out.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

I'd like this so much better if she wasn't 4 hit points.  All her abilities seem to want her to be in the middle of it all and yet an errant bullet just takes her right out.

Yeah, with 4 wounds she's pretty much disposable. But by tossing her into the enemy, she'll at least do some nice damage, and improve the shockwave/s of whatever you toss in after her. Also she's not guaranteed to die, especially if you throw her at a flanker to help a lighting bug kill it off. Hell, just last game i did exactly that, and she managed to survive the match with 1 wd remaining. ;)

The alternative is to have her sitting behind your crew to support with Scheme Markers, Glowy and condition removal. That's probably her best use in most games. But having her as living ammo is a good backup plan if you need it.

Just a short update - i tried out the abovementioned Olivia trick, and it worked pretty well! Late in the turn i flung her into a cluster of Experimentals (McMourning, Chihuahua, Nurse and Rafkin). The shockwave did some damage, then i pushed them further together with Perfect Timing (mainly to get McMourning off a Cursed Idol). 

Next activation, a triple Fzzap from Wong (helped by Olivia's Lovely Assistant) finished off everyone but McMourning (who was down to half wounds). We had to end the game at that point. But had it gone further, Olivia would have wandered off unopposed to achieve Breakthrough. 

So like i said earlier, loading Olivia into the Pigapult isn't always going to be the best way to go. But when the opportunity arises, it can be a pretty effective combo. :)

16 hours ago, Jocepi said:

Am I the only one that wonders what the point of Wong getting glowy tokens is? He has no way to use them?!?

Yeah, unlike the rest of his crew Wong has no way of gaining or using Glowy tokens on himself. His shtick is more along the lines of giving everyone else Glowy. That Glowy is either used by those models for their own native benefits, or used by Wong himself to draw cards or deal extra damage with his Fzzzap.