M3E - Experiences, feelings and power levels

Aeschere

Hello all!

Now that M3E has been out in the wild for some time I am wondering how everybody feels about the Resurrectionists faction. 

Personally I am having a hard time going in with a fresh look. In M2E I played Resurrectionists and had a good feel for what masters/crews were supposed to do. In M3E this has changed a lot. Crews play and feel differently then they used to. This is by no means a bad thing but it does make me feel a bit "meh" about most of them. For now, only McMourning really grabs me. He is quite versatile because of his large model pool but still doesn't seem to be the combat beast he used to be.

I am currently doubting if I should try another faction just to get to grips with M3E without having the predjudice coming over from M2E.

What do you think? Which Resurrectionists master comes out on top most of the time? How do you deal with the new faction and how do you think the faction compares to the rest?

You're obviously jaded from your M2E time, so why not use the change to try a new faction. Get one of the masters, that you've had your eyes on, but never got, because you were a ressur. Get some games under your belt and get a proper feel for M3E. Maybe you'll even get to face off against your old masters and have that rekindle your love of them, seeing them in a new light.

• Agree 2

I used 3e as an excuse to add outcasts to my play pool, I'm still playing Ressers too, but have begun to limit myself down to just Molly and Seamus. 

If another faction is interesting to you, dive in and enjoy as you no longer have to buy half the faction to get a 2e style all stars list. If not, 3e Ressers are great, they are just... diferent now. 

I feel that faction is much more diverse and interesting to play now than it was in 2ed, when most masters where summoners and the faction as a whole suffered from that (especially from Nicodem's non-restricted summoning). I really like the way the faction has changed. I feel that your judgement about it is based solely on the reading of the cards - I recommend playing some games, your perception of what which keyword is supposed to do may change.

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, Aeschere said:

For now, only McMourning really grabs me. He is quite versatile because of his large model pool but still doesn't seem to be the combat beast he used to be.

I think he's a pretty darn good combat master. His stat 7 is great. The damage track isn't much, but the discard or injured can really make it a snowball assault. His immediate action will be set up with at least 3 poison if he hits his stat 7 melee attacks. he can easily do around 10 damage to a model each turn and get around (almost) everything. In my last game he took out a 9 point samurai one round and a henchman (Hinamatsu) the following round. 

He has the ability to teleport to his preferred target with Rancid Transplant and can heal like crazy!  He'll regenerate with his poison on top of that. Having Kentauroi to cart him around so he is where he needs to be is pretty fantastic too. 

McMourning is just about as beastly as any other combat master in the game. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3