Some thoughts and questions about Family and Lucius

Xekros

Agent 46 is perhaps the weakest part of the Lucius crew; if he gets over exteded he dies very quickly. Drop agent 46 for Dashel, or Perdita, or even Lady J if you want. Dashel hits hard in melee and has bonus summons.

Now, negative flips are NOT reliable protection, when your opponent can spend a stone to ignore it. Lucius will die if focused, but he is certainly not the only Master vulnerable to being targeted, especially endgame. Lucius is about scoring, and scoring denial; with the right scheme pool he is a no-brainer Master for me, but then I never bought a Nellie crew. For my part, Lucius is FUN to play, and so different in style from Dashel, 'Dita, LJ, that I just like playing his crew.

• Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

6 hours ago, explorator said:

Agent 46 is perhaps the weakest part of the Lucius crew; if he gets over exteded he dies very quickly. Drop agent 46 for Dashel, or Perdita, or even Lady J if you want. Dashel hits hard in melee and has bonus summons.

Now, negative flips are NOT reliable protection, when your opponent can spend a stone to ignore it. Lucius will die if focused, but he is certainly not the only Master vulnerable to being targeted, especially endgame. Lucius is about scoring, and scoring denial; with the right scheme pool he is a no-brainer Master for me, but then I never bought a Nellie crew. For my part, Lucius is FUN to play, and so different in style from Dashel, 'Dita, LJ, that I just like playing his crew.

Has your win rate with Lucius really been that much lower than with Dashel, Dita and LJ?  

52 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Has your win rate with Lucius really been that much lower than with Dashel, Dita and LJ?  

No, actually my win rate is about the same, but I have more fun with Lucius. My only realy bad beat in M3e was Dreamer over Lucius 8-1, otherwise I have mostly had close games with a pretty even win/loss rate. 

Also, as I adjust to M3e, I am getting better at matching Strategy to Master; Lucius is my guy for Corrupted Idols and Plant Explosives. I have only been playing painted crews so those four are my current pool. 

Once I get Hoffman and crew painted, I expect to take him pretty often actually. Hoffman looks to be top-tier for Guild, imo.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:57 PM, explorator said:

I don't think he's the weakest link. I field him with LLC and he's pretty hard to take down with a stone or two but I agree he needs to be played as a scalpel and not a hammer & anvil style.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:57 PM, explorator said:

Now, negative flips are NOT reliable protection, when your opponent can spend a stone to ignore it.

I agree. But Lucius can still take some punches before he goes down.

Family I think are in a solid place now that family values has been fixed since beta. (Thanks Wyrd)  The crew can now get the resources they need to use there keyword ability which is fantastic, they only ever had a resource problem i found when i had played them previously and since launch they are easily coming with me to tournaments now. I have noticed recently that Nino seems to be getting a hard time, the kids Picking up a lot of shade LOL 😂.

For me he is a staple piece in a Family crew he is Card generating and when he is not doing that he is hunting those Quick little minions that think they can nip off and score schemes on the edges with no respect for the Family. Not my Ortegas and not on my Ninos Watch!

Solid crew and will do what they have always done very well. Reckoning and also ranged killing amazing in turf war! Golden rule I have found in M3E is stuff will die easier (Bad things happen), yours and your opponents, so expect to lose models because we have not got DF9 WP9 Master anymore lol 

Lucias at the end of M2E was my go to guy in most games and you know what he still is! The crew is fantastic They draw cards, it can heal, it can remove Conditions, it can scheme run, it can remove Scheme markers, it is Fast, it controls, it drains resources and it can kill and I am not talking can kill a model eventually turn 3 i mean i have killed 3 models turn 1 in a game with Lucias's crew and my opponent could not stop me. Its deadly! 

His crew I believe is are best all around crew we have in are faction Closely followed by Sonnia.  He is a force multiplier just like M2E Nellie and he was before. 

Agent 46 seems to be getting a rough time to, You know what this model will die! but hell if has not carved apart your enemy's crew by turn 3 then you have gone wrong.  He is designed to be a AWESOME ASSASSIN! If the opponent has cards in hand then kick him out to the wings and let him clear a side of fast minions who think its ok to run down your flanks and do breakthrough or power ritual or search the ruins. if he is going late and u have drained there cards then he is in on big models and executing them he is a fine blade not a blunt instrument he needs to be wielded with finesse and definitely is not meant for a prolonged fight with a beater he is there to slam in and bounce out of the way make them work for him if they want him and if they don't deal with him they will... well not live to regret it 😂  

Just typing this post has reminded me why I can not wait to get back to guild on the tournament scene its going to be amazing! 

• Like 3

@Cursed25 Youko is more completely active denial, whereas I feel Lucius is a bit confused in his place in the faction. When I initially heard that Dashel was going to be a master, I was thinking that Dashel would be the summoner and commander type master (probably with Issue Command instead of Lucius), Nellie would solidify her role as the unstoppable schemer with bits of denial, and Lucius would play like "the things you came for were never here, your people are actually my people, and you've just implicated yourself in whatever I feel like."

Similarly, while I do like the false witness as the dual keyword model, I would have liked to see the undercover reporters instead to fit that style better.

23 hours ago, Flippin' Wyrd Matt said:

I have noticed recently that Nino seems to be getting a hard time, the kids Picking up a lot of shade LOL 😂.

Ive noticed that too, and I'm not sure why; he seems solid enough, especially to pick off scheme runners. Do you tend to field him on a flank and send another ranged threat up the other side?

23 hours ago, Flippin' Wyrd Matt said:

i have killed 3 models turn 1 in a game with Lucias's crew and my opponent could not stop me. Its deadly! 

I must admit my curiosity: is that in theme or using versatile models? Also just how?