Brewmaster versus Rasputina

Cadaver_Junkie

Hi guys!

Sounding out for advice here. 

Just played my first game of M3E, I chose Brewmaster, opponent ran Rasputina.

It was clear the game was pretty much over end of turn one, and more certain by middle turn 2. Didn’t help that my hand was terrible turn 2, but honestly, wouldn’t have made much difference regardless.

So, advice?

Background; Standard deployment, Turf War. Reasonable spread of terrain, which I tried to use as cover. That didn’t achieve much, with the 8 or so Ice Pillars dropped on the table early turn 1, half within 1” of most of my crew.

Opponent used Snow Storm to push majority of his crew (including Rasputina) maybe 9” up the table in his first action, and pushed the Ice Golem even further.

I was trounced pretty quick, opponent controlling the field turn 1 and Ice Pillars reducing my AP massively, either through Slow, card discard, or simply requiring me to remove them. All good, learning experience. 

So, advice? I don’t have the Backdraft models, but I do have all the other Tri Chi dudes, as well as most Infamous models and a scattering of other stuff.

How do Tri Chi beat Rasputina? Any advice on general tactics? 

My M2E Brewmaster crew was much stronger in this matchup, so I’m curious how it goes now.

If you're opponent announces Rasputina, or Titania, or Misaki, or any other terrain markers heavy master... take the Emissary.  I cannot stress this to you enough!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesy Blue said:

If you're opponent announces Rasputina, or Titania, or Misaki, or any other terrain markers heavy master... take the Emissary.  I cannot stress this to you enough!

I'll have to consider it. I don't actually own this model, but worth considering. Certainly great to just push through and remove all those Ice Pillars...

• 1 month later...

Gluttony is another Versatile option for Marker removal. It's less straightforward than the Emissary's way of doing it, but Gluttony has a few of his own good things going on there.

I used both Emissary and Gluttony against Kaeris last week, and - because of positioning and other things - Gluttony ended up removing ~4 Pyre Markers, Emissary 0.

• Agree 1

I had not thought of using Gluttony - and in Big hat I can always get Gremlin Criers in to make the target at a negative flip on the WP resist. Removing the marker(s) dishing out damage, and a push up to 6". And actually for that matter pushing in one of my own Bayou Gremlins is pretty sweet as it would remove a marker and get me a card. 

As stated the Emissary is a great option as it can clear a ton of markers and your opponent can't resist it really. However, as mentioned, the terrain you are playing on makes a huge difference as to how effective it is. 

On 8/17/2019 at 4:52 AM, Jesy Blue said:

I never thought about using Gluttony with the wrestlng crew... wow, pretty effective.

On 8/18/2019 at 1:22 PM, OracleToronto said:

I had not thought of using Gluttony 

Yeah, Gluttony was a complete pariah in M2e, but he's worth looking at now. Reaching out to 10" to snag an enemy, and throwing them into their own Markers both for removal and damage - it's pretty nice.

He is a 7 Stones opportunity cost on something else, but if you know you're going up against a Marker boss...

• Agree 1