Broken issue

trikk

Crazed Ramblings (5 v 12): Discard the top four cards of
this Company’s Fate Deck. Draw a card for each discarded
:ToS-Tome:, then this Fireteam suffers a Hit with Strength equal to
the number of discarded :crow.

Since you can get a Strength 0 hit, whenever you use Crazed Ramblings, even with no Crows, your opponent gets to flip a card for the Penetration flip, which he can cheat in. If that`s correct, then I think that might be a bit misleading/not intended.

Counter point:  See Ram trigger on the Glory side of the card, where it's the same situation but the hit is being applied to another fireteam.

And we know Strength 0 hits are a thing because Set Traps has them in the Disarm Traps action:

Disarm Trap: Discard a Tactics Token to remove target Objective Marker within 3" and LoS of this Fireteam. This Fireteam suffers a Strength 0 Hit (which may not be Cheated).

2 hours ago, trikk said:

I don't have an issue with Strength 0 hits. I just don't think its intended that you always get hit as a Cult player. Does this make sense?

I think they would have phrased it differently if they meant “If one or more — are flipped, take a Hit with Strength equal to the number of — flipped.”

But I’m willing to negotiate odds if you want to make bets concerning the first FAQ/Errata.  :) 

Edit:  

After all, Strength 0 vs. Ar5 is:

1-4: no damage

5-9: 1 model

10-13: 2 models

You’d have to be having a terrible turn, or have more cards than Abyssinia, to want to cheat that flip.  

Double edit:  You know that weird phrasing for Penetration Flips and Fireteams missing models?  The opponent can’t cheat this flip if they’re already missing a model.  Because it’s “the result of an Action performed by a Fireteam with one or more missing models.”  They’d have to burn a tactics token to flip another card instead if they wanted to change the result.

So, yeah, I think the “You automatically take a Hit” result is intended.  They’re 5 model Fireteams, and a lot of the time they’re going to reinforce to replace those random losses.

On 1/20/2019 at 3:05 PM, solkan said:

Double edit:  You know that weird phrasing for Penetration Flips and Fireteams missing models?  The opponent can’t cheat this flip if they’re already missing a model.  Because it’s “the result of an Action performed by a Fireteam with one or more missing models.”  They’d have to burn a tactics token to flip another card instead if they wanted to change the result.

Sadly, people are claiming you can cheat over Hazardous Terrain flips over on the Facebook page, despite this rule being a thing :(