Lack of Quality Assurance.

Smeagle

While I can't say I'm thrilled about the scale issues in general (Lord of Steel is also apparently a midget, and several of the minis just don't look right next to each other), I think "tiny, overpriced and ridiculous" is going a bit far.

Either way, I wouldn't expect Wyrd to do anything about it. At this stage, with it in retail, they'd need to do a mass recall, re-print and replacement... which is probably beyond them for what is not really that big a deal (pun intended).

• Like 2

18 hours ago, retnab said:

Weird, I haven't heard of that before. Got any examples?

Yes I do, I had a couple of problems with the Royal Rifle Corps with legs on the knelt down models, legs not glued in the correct position and a couple of arms not quite right.  I fixed these little issues and just moved on.

The big problem is the South Wales Boarders box that came with 3 models incorrectly built.  One model had the weapons on the arms on the wrong side and the piston on the underside of the arm was not in the correct place.  The next one had pistons on the arms just sticking out and looking very stupid, then the last one had pistons sticking out in the wrong places and the pistons not even attached to anything at the back.

Also had a head on one of the models devoid of detail (looks like glue melted most of the face off), Link to the photos South Wales Boarders.  Now after many hours I have fixed the problems to make the models presentable but this is beside the point, if I am paying to have per-assembled models then they should be assembled correctly.

• Like 5

I've had similar issues with models that have arms glued in incorrect positions, resulting in guns being twisted and not being able to correct the twist without disassembling and reassembling (which I refuse to do for preassembled minis, so will be raising a support ticket).

Also a few parts fell off in shipping (while disappointing this isn't unreasonable and I'm happy to fix these myself), and some parts are missing (one of my skulkers is entirely missing his arms). This has me worried and I have to find time to go back through everything and double check before I raise my support ticket.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, gribble said:

I've had similar issues with models that have arms glued in incorrect positions, resulting in guns being twisted and not being able to correct the twist without disassembling and reassembling (which I refuse to do for preassembled minis, so will be raising a support ticket).

Also a few parts fell off in shipping (while disappointing this isn't unreasonable and I'm happy to fix these myself), and some parts are missing (one of my skulkers is entirely missing his arms). This has me worried and I have to find time to go back through everything and double check before I raise my support ticket.

I have only had a small piston missing on one model but our Gibbering Hordes player has had 2 boxes with missing components.

• Like 4