Sturdy Repairs typo

solkan

Question

In the book, the Sturdy Repairs trigger on Kassa Okoye appears to have a typo:

[Swap Sides] an additional Asset to the target.

What’s that supposed to say?  Because that “to” in the middle is pretty much insensible.

And, as a bonus confusion:  Can it [Swap Sides] the same asset that was flipped by the main effect?  I’m not seeing “additional” used a lot, even when triggers are handing out the same token the action gave out, but...

P.S.  For anyone looking at the card in the book, according to the PDFs the action is 6 v 10.  I don’t have the figure’s card to compare if there’s another correction there.

5 answers to this question

I think the context I saw being discussed was flipping an undamaged asset over in the main action (to draw a card) and then flipping it back over to put it back.  (And then argue about whether that was supposed to get another card.)

And, really, trying to figure out whether “If an Asset is [Swap Side] in this way, draw a card.” is supposed to apply to both is really frustrating.  Because there wouldn’t be any reason for it to be conditional if the action would have been phrased differently.  “Target friendly Titan with attached Assets”.

"... to the target " is legitimate, if non-standard English, I think.

Because the Sturdy Repairs trigger states "an additional asset" that reads the same as "another asset": can't be the same asset twice. You wouldn't draw a card from the action effect, because that is part of the original action not the trigger. However, it does count as two separate instances of [swapping] a card, so Spare Parts would trigger twice. Which is nice. So she can swap two different assets and draw three cards with one action, but can't swap the same card twice.

1 hour ago, Skitt_Happens said:

"... to the target " is legitimate, if non-standard English, I think.

Then explain what in Hell the phrase “to the target” means in that context, because it’s not used that way anywhere else in the book.  :)   It is a typo.

1 hour ago, Skitt_Happens said:

Because the Sturdy Repairs trigger states "an additional asset" that reads the same as "another asset": can't be the same asset twice. You wouldn't draw a card from the action effect, because that is part of the original action not the trigger. However, it does count as two separate instances of [swapping] a card, so Spare Parts would trigger twice. Which is nice. So she can swap two different assets and draw three cards with one action, but can't swap the same card twice.

As far as I can tell, you’re imagining the words “in the same way” or something being present in the trigger when they aren’t.  It’s a non-immediate trigger, that means it doesn’t resolve in the same step as the action effects, and doesn’t resolve as part of the action effects.

There’s no basis in the rules to draw a card as a result of the trigger turning over an asset.

1 hour ago, solkan said:

There’s no basis in the rules to draw a card as a result of the trigger turning over an asset.

Kassa's ability draws a card every time a friendly Titan asset within 12" is flipped, that's what they are referring to. You draw three cards if you use the 5 margin trigger, two from Kassa's ability and one from the action specifying that you draw a card.