Seamus, next step?

Modernpenguin

Hi guys. I am a noob, playing around with Seamus, I have Seamus box, Mcmourning box, and Yin atm, which gives me some rather limited models to choose from. 
What do you reckon should be the next step? I am leaning towards doxies and Asura Roten since they seem like natural additions to the seamus horror list, but I would love to get some more opinions on different routes to go. 

Cheers

Doxies are a great addition, and Asura will work also.  What you're hurting for is likely a second "hitter" sort of model who can pull attention away from your master.  Off the top of my head I can think of two models with somewhat different uses.

1) Dead Rider:  A great late game pressure piece.  If you over commit him early he will possibly fold before he can get going.  He has the advantage of helping to drag stuff out of position for the good doctor to go after, and causing piles of horror duels for Seamus to heal from.

2) Izamu:  A great early game pressure piece.  He'll appreciate the movement buffs you can wrangle him from either McMourning or Dead Doxies.  He'll likely die as his defense is kind of pants and armor 2 is nice but not invincible, but his last swing is generally a hilarious middle finger for the opponent.

Beyond them, other models that might fit the bill would be Archie and the Rogue Necromancy.  Archie hits like a truck, but he's very expensive.  Rogue Necromancy also hits like a truck, but is kind of fragile.  They'd both serve your purposes if you need them to though.

• Agree 1

My first buys would be Dead Doxies and a box of Necropunks. Both are good in any Resser crew. Necropunks are one of the best Scheme Runners in the game imo and will score you muchos VP 

Asura is a solid choice but she tends to work better with Nico or Reva I find. 

Clement is right you should start looking for another beater. Valedictorian is quite good also, not the best damage but she's very mobile, tanky and also Terrifying. The models quite hard to get at the moment as the Transmortis box has been out of print for a while and she probably won't surface again till the Von Schtook box in 3e

If your gonna start using your Mcmourning box your gonna want more Canine Remains and another Flesh construct. And then most likely Rafkin, he's a bit of glass cannon but if you can keep him alive he hits poisoned models so hard

One more to mention is Anna Lovelace. Only been using her for the last 6 months or so but she's become quite a staple in my crews. No particular synergies with the above Masters but she's fantastic just on her own

hope this helps

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Athiko said:

One more to mention is Anna Lovelace. Only been using her for the last 6 months or so but she's become quite a staple in my crews. No particular synergies with the above Masters but she's fantastic just on her own

She has some fun, but minor synergies with Seamus in that she can generate a whole bucket of horror duels with her Swirling Damned attack.    Her Melee attack also has a pretty good wp duel available on a trigger that can end up burying the target.  Both of those do well with Seamus' -2 Wp aura.

With McMourning...  yeah she's just kind of there.  Good, but just there.

Thanks for the answers, and sorry for my slow reply! 
I think ill pick up Izamu at least, since I really dig the asian theme with him. 
Anna lovelace sounds cool, and all, but is she worth the stones? Seems like a hefty price to pay.. The vortex thing has anti-synergi with seamus (I want to boo!), right? 

Is necropunks better than crooligans? I am considering molly's box in the future, since I am getting a bunch of horror stuff for seamus anyways. 

1 hour ago, Modernpenguin said:

Thanks for the answers, and sorry for my slow reply! 
I think ill pick up Izamu at least, since I really dig the asian theme with him. 
Anna lovelace sounds cool, and all, but is she worth the stones? Seems like a hefty price to pay.. The vortex thing has anti-synergi with seamus (I want to boo!), right? 

Boo is generated by one of your models so Anna doesn't stop it. Her auras stop enemy models from moving each other around but never interferes with you own stuff.

Can't really answer if she's worth her stones or not. Is Izamu worth his cost? I would personally be more likely to include Anna than Izamu in many lists.