Disengaging Strike + Wicked

Fictor

Question

6 answers to this question

The only effect of a disengaging strike normally is stopping the model from taking a Wk action. It doesn't do damage, can't declare triggers, and doesn't resolve any other effects of the action. Wicked allows disengaging strikes to deal damage, but does nothing about the other restrictions that a disengaging strike has on it.

• Thanks 1

For an example of a model that gets those other abilities on a disengaging strike, take a look at Brewmaster.  His Swig o' Shine attack reads as follows

(1) Swig o' Shine (Ml 7 / Rst: Df / Rg: :ToS-Melee:2): Target gains the Poison +2 Condition, even if this Attack was a disengaging strike.

• Thanks 1

I was having a hard time understanding Wicked. Now i do, but i dont think i like it. Sure, sometimes you may kill the model trying to get out, but most of the times it feels like it would only do some dmg, while the model will run out free from range. Maybe would be nice to have the option to either do damage or to reduce the push of the model. 

3 hours ago, Beozrn said:

I was having a hard time understanding Wicked. Now i do, but i dont think i like it. Sure, sometimes you may kill the model trying to get out, but most of the times it feels like it would only do some dmg, while the model will run out free from range. Maybe would be nice to have the option to either do damage or to reduce the push of the model. 

Apart from doing damage it still prevents the walk like any disengaging strike. It is a straight up bonus to your disengaging strikes but doesn't apply the other effects of a normal attack  like poison that Myranda would have applied with a normal attack.

What it often does is prevent your opponent from even trying to disengage instead of trying.because they have nothing.better to do.