Advice for a new Collette player?

Finalscene

My fiancee just finished painting her Collette crew (looks amazing btw) and she's excited to get her first game of malifaux in. She's worried about being destroyed in her first match. Mainly because it's with me and we tend to get really competitive when we play games together. Any advice for what she can play to do well? Ill be playing gremlins (I'm soloing Ophelia) so if you have any advice against them that would be good also.

Congratulations to your fiance for her painting work and excellent taste. You'll hear a lot of "Colette needs some help right now" mostly because Sandeep is in the spotlight now. Don't worry, Colette is still perfectly viable, she's just very tricksey in her playstyle.

Best (short) recommendation I can give is for her to watch out for blasts, damage that can't be reduced, and things that ignore triggers. All of those can get around Colette's otherwise durability.

Otherwise, especially if she is running just/mostly Colette's box, focus of placement and scheme markers based schemes, don't worry too much about losing models. I've won more games with Colette where I just had her and/or Cassandra at the end than I have with most of my crew left. 

For more detailed help, check out this post, and please, let me know if you or she have any feedback or questions!

• Like 4