Serena Bowman and My Little Helper

feagaur

Question

I came upon an interesting quandary the other night when playing my Lilith crew against a Seamus crew.

I had a mature Nephilim 2.5" away from my opponents Valedictorian who had popped My Little Helper, meaning that i had to be in 3" to target her for anything.

Serena Bowman was 8" away from this encounter, but she can use the Mature Nephilim to take range and los for her Black Blood Tendrils attack. 

So is she able to bypass My Little Helper because she's using the Nephilim for range and los, or because she is more than 3" away she isn't able to?

Also how would this work with other auras such as Barbaros' Challenge? would you take take the model she's casting from or her as the model targeting?

For example, if an opponents Barbaros was stood next to another model of his and my terror tot but Serena was 10" away. Serena would be able to target the tot but would she then be able to target the opponents model or would she have to target Barbaros?

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, feagaur said:

I came upon an interesting quandary the other night when playing my Lilith crew against a Seamus crew.

I had a mature Nephilim 2.5" away from my opponents Valedictorian who had popped My Little Helper, meaning that i had to be in 3" to target her for anything.

Serena Bowman was 8" away from this encounter, but she can use the Mature Nephilim to take range and los for her Black Blood Tendrils attack. 

So is she able to bypass My Little Helper because she's using the Nephilim for range and los, or because she is more than 3" away she isn't able to?

Also how would this work with other auras such as Barbaros' Challenge? would you take take the model she's casting from or her as the model targeting?

For example, if an opponents Barbaros was stood next to another model of his and my terror tot but Serena was 10" away. Serena would be able to target the tot but would she then be able to target the opponents model or would she have to target Barbaros?

No I don't think she is able. She is not a model within 3" of the Validictarian. Her position on the board does not change, and so things which are based on her position on the board don't matter. When she measures Range and LOS, she can use a spot on the board that isn't her position, but that is all. 

I think we have gone through all this stuff with Rasputina and her Ice mirror.