Pigapult, is it good?

DanteJH

In my experience the pigapult is one of those models that you really have to build your list around it. While it only costs 8SS, the pigapult doesn't work by itself.

You need pigs to sacrifice as ammo if you intend to shoot enemies, or plenty of ht1 models to be thrown across the table. It is a very fun miniature, but if you want a model  to fill those 10ss left at the end of a crew list, it is a bad choice (unless your other 40ss are ht1 gremlins and the scheme pool really favors dispersion. In that case it can be hilarious).

My experience with the pigapult using stuffed piglet as ammo has been underwhelming. It's OK to burn some cards out of your opponent's hand, maybe, but that's it.

I personally love the playstyle that the Pigapult brings. The ability to "force" the enemy to come to you, or endure the bombardment can be fun and tactical. With a range of 24 (with a sacrificed Piglet / Stuffed Piglet) you can get quite a threat range. But it is a 8-soulstone with a heavy dependence on you constantly supplying it with ammunition.

You can also use it to place your models around the board. I’ve won several games with it on Interference, since I could place my HT1 models in his zones.

My recommendation for the Pigapult is often related to the master. Somer and Ulix can supply it with ammunition. You can also use Lenny, but many seems to consider him a bit too expensive to just hang back and pump Piglets out for the Pigapult.

A Taxidermist can also summon Stuffed Piglets off corpse markers.

Overall, I consider the Pigapult a niche pick. A strong niche pick, depending on the schemes & master, but still a niche pick.  

• Like 1