Mei Feng help needed?

TheRedWire

I'd consider picking up the Ramos box if you are getting Mei Feng. 

Joss works great in Mei's crew. He's durable and can hit like a truck. He's a construct so Mei can Railwalk to him. He also drops scrap when he kills anything giving her more spots to Railwalk through. Joss finds his way into a lot of different Arcanist crews.

There are probably better schemers than the Steam Arachnids but they aren't bad. Their Latch On ability works nicely with Mei. They get into base to base contact with an enemy which reduces that enemy's defense and then Mei uses the Arachnid to railwalk to and attack the enemy.

Howard Langston is a big scary beater that can tear things up. He's also a construct. 

There might be better individual models to play with Mei but the Ramos box is a good value and gives you another master to fool around with as well.

You should look into the two Foundry Gremlin models she can take, Sparks and the Mechanized Porkchop. They are in the Shifting Loyalties book. The downside with these two is that they can only be taken with Mei Feng outside of Gremlins, they are relatively cheap models to buy though. Sparks can make Mei Feng get +1 Armor until he next activates (or dies) putting her at +2 Armor total, and he can make non-leader constructs fast, as well as some other tricks. The Mechanized Porkchop can place a scrap marker after taking a walk action (Wk 6, so quite fast) so you can walk up once, drop a scrap marker, walk up again and leave a nice rail for Mei Feng to ride right into the enemy crew. Additionally, friendly models that declare a charge near it take a damage and gain :+fate to attack flips for the rest of their activation, which is amazing with the combos Mei Feng can pull off.

In the future, if you start moving into Ten Thunders Mei Feng, you'll want to pick up the Shadow Emissary and Toshiro the Daimyo (Ressur/TT zombie samurai, not thematic to Mei Feng) to get a very effective summoning crew with all of the free scrap markers the Emissary and the Porkchop can provide. You definitely don't need to go this path with her, but it is a powerful option mechanically.

In summary: look at the Mechanized Porkchop for an aggressive improvement to Mei Feng and Sparks for a great defensive improvement, they each cost 7SS so they can be fit into a crew quite easily.

Mechanized Porkchop on the Wyrd Store: https://giveusyourmoneypleasethankyou-wyrd.com/collections/gremlins/products/mechanized-porkchop

Sparks on the Wyrd Store: https://giveusyourmoneypleasethankyou-wyrd.com/collections/gremlins/products/sparks

She is also getting a new model from wave 5 (Broken Promises) called Neil Henry in the coming months which should be quite interesting.

• Like 1

My instinct is to tell you that TT Mei is stronger, (see:Derrick just won the Tyrant tournament at Gencon with her). However her 2 new upgrades actually have a bit of play for making her better in Arcanists. Being able to grab models as she railwalks is pretty nice. Putting certain things into positions where you want them. I have a stupid list I run with Porkchop, Sparks, and Lazarus that would love to have Laz railwalked up the board and leaving him to copy Mei's steam vent instead of Railwalk. Steamfitter MIGHT replace the porkchop in some lists but I doubt it. I really like porky/sparks combo.  Arcane Effigy is a must bring with her as well. 4 points for a tough construct that lets her do burning and can heal conditions? yes please. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

My instinct is to tell you that TT Mei is stronger, (see:Derrick just won the Tyrant tournament at Gencon with her). However her 2 new upgrades actually have a bit of play for making her better in Arcanists. Being able to grab models as she railwalks is pretty nice. Putting certain things into positions where you want them. I have a stupid list I run with Porkchop, Sparks, and Lazarus that would love to have Laz railwalked up the board and leaving him to copy Mei's steam vent instead of Railwalk. Steamfitter MIGHT replace the porkchop in some lists but I doubt it. I really like porky/sparks combo.  Arcane Effigy is a must bring with her as well. 4 points for a tough construct that lets her do burning and can heal conditions? yes please. 

Where do you get detailed info about the tournament?

18 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

Arcane Effigy is a must bring with her as well. 4 points for a tough construct that lets her do burning and can heal conditions? yes please. 

I haven't had a chance to put my Arcane Effigy on the table with Mei yet but the Effigy's Accomplice should be good for the occasional surprise Railwalk into Jackhammer Kick from Mei Feng. 

13 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

I haven't had a chance to put my Arcane Effigy on the table with Mei yet but the Effigy's Accomplice should be good for the occasional surprise Railwalk into Jackhammer Kick from Mei Feng. 

If you have 4 extra points and you aren't playing Interference (Raptor almost always) you should be playing effigy. In almost every list IMO. There's no better way to spend 4 points in the faction.