What makes other Factions jealous?

Lugonn

1 hour ago, Adran said:

I'm not denying it, (And I'd certainly add Perdita to that list) but what I'm saying is you have the option. You can stand in 1 quarter to score interference, and still kill models in a different quarter, or be in position to score out flank, and still be able to effect the turf war area. If you haven't played other factions you don't always appreciate how useful this is. 

Too much shooting is a trap,  but shooting is a guild strength

Proper terrain mitigates a lot of the shooting advantage but it is nice to project some threat at range. Hanged though... :( Feels wrong to be out-shot by ressers and you can't neutralize them by engaging like you can with guild shooters.

The problem with shooting is that many cheaper models seem to pay quite a lot for it. Many of them have ended up with piss poor defenses, and thus are nearly useless when forced to go near enemies for schemes or strategies 

• Like 2

What makes Guild good is the general access to Critical Strike triggers on most models, meaning that the majority of models are capable of dealing good damage.

Chain activations are also fairly common, mostly among Family and Guardsmen, allowing you to kill off opponents exposed key models before they can retaliate.

Many models also have access to abilities that Slow, or force opponent to discard to move their models.

Last there are quite a few Guild models that ignore severe terrain allowing for a often surprising high mobility.

The single most enviable non-Henchaman Guild model imo, is the Guild Marshall Recruiter, that can kill Buried models, and also allowing other Guild Marshalls to shrug off being killed.