Printable cards from Privateer Press, we need this too!

Emberlost

2 hours ago, WyvernX86 said:

Yeah  I would love that. I've been out of the game since 2nd edition hit, missed the window to buy updated card packs, and am now confused on how to get back into the game. :(

There's supposed to be an app coming for Malifaux. Who knows when we'll see it, though.

1 hour ago, Kimberly said:

My only real problem with that website is simple:

Minimum order of 10.

If you're just looking to get one or two of the errata'd cards from a recent release, then that website is less than helpful - it's actually a pain, because then you have to either buy cards you don't need and won't need or club in with friends - and it's doubly aggravating because technically Wyrd has already distributed the correct cards for 'free' via the pdf and there's no good reason that Wyrd couldn't've done something similar to PP with printable pdfs that easily came out and folded over to make new cards.

As a Henchman, explaining it to players is triply aggravating - yeah, sure, I could offer to go all in on a big order that would issue correct cards to EVERYBODY, but what happens after that, when a new player drops in and says, "Golly, Misaki sure looks cool" or something similar about an errata'd model?

Don't get me wrong. I don't care for PP's games. But with this website they've finally accepted that if they're going to change cards in an effort to achieve game balance, they'd best well make the cards themselves as easy to access as possible.

I think most of us would REALLY like it if Wyrd did the same, at least with the cards they've changed from the box versions.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, -Loki- said:

They do. Errata'd cards are freely available to print, at the bottom of the FAQ and Errata page.

https://www.wyrd-games.net/malifaux-faq-errata/

Yeah, as individual jpegs not sized properly or placed in a nice, neat formatted pdf which creates cards perfectly sized to match the old ones - just like all of the Privateer Press updates.

Which have been a lot more frequent than the Malifaux ones - I mean, yes, bigger company and bigger game, but they really do the updates right.

Of course, considering that the pdfs Malifaux put out aren't flattened and take an eternity to load unless you're using a high-end computer, maybe being forced to make my own printouts isn't so bad... <_< My poor tablet and Ripples of Fate...

And please, take note: I like Malifaux. I like it a LOT. This is just a simple complaint, something that if was changed would make it even closer to perfection.

40 minutes ago, iamfanboy said:

Yeah, as individual jpegs not sized properly or placed in a nice, neat formatted pdf which creates cards perfectly sized to match the old ones - just like all of the Privateer Press updates.

Which have been a lot more frequent than the Malifaux ones - I mean, yes, bigger company and bigger game, but they really do the updates right.

Of course, considering that the pdfs Malifaux put out aren't flattened and take an eternity to load unless you're using a high-end computer, maybe being forced to make my own printouts isn't so bad... <_< My poor tablet and Ripples of Fate...

And please, take note: I like Malifaux. I like it a LOT. This is just a simple complaint, something that if was changed would make it even closer to perfection.

You said 'something similar to PPs printable PDFs', not 'the same as PPS printable PDFs'. I was just trying to help, but you know..,

football-goal-dollies-%5B3%5D-736-p.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

You said 'something similar to PPs printable PDFs', not 'the same as PPS printable PDFs'. I was just trying to help, but you know..,

football-goal-dollies-%5B3%5D-736-p.jpg

and what a way to dismiss everything that I wrote. It's a good thing this forum doesn't have 'dislike' options.

By 'similar' I meant 'easy to use.' Jpegs that I have to save individually, then stack on a grid in photoshop to make sure they're sized correctly, THEN export as a .pdf myself is not easy to use - it took me near an hour of work, and it's a task that I'm familiar with.

1 minute ago, iamfanboy said:

and what a way to dismiss everything that I wrote. It's a good thing this forum doesn't have 'dislike' options.

By 'similar' I meant 'easy to use.' Jpegs that I have to save individually, then stack on a grid in photoshop to make sure they're sized correctly, THEN export as a .pdf myself is not easy to use - it took me near an hour of work, and it's a task that I'm familiar with.

That's fine, but it's not what you said initially. Saying 'Wyrd don't offer a similar service of printable erratad cards for free' is provably not true.

'PPs printable cards are easier to use' is correct, but it what you said so not what I replied to.

I wasn't dismissing anything, I was apparently just replying to something you didn't say, but did write.

15 hours ago, WyvernX86 said:

Yeah  I would love that. I've been out of the game since 2nd edition hit, missed the window to buy updated card packs, and am now confused on how to get back into the game. :(

How much do you own? 

If its 1 or 2 crews, then you are probably best buying the individual cards from Wargames vault. If its more than that, then you will probably want to look at getting the arsenal decks for that faction from wargame vault (or finding them in brick and mortar stores that might still have them). 

Regarding Errata'd cards, so far every Errata'd card has been added to the deck of cards released the following summer (in effect free for me). I will admit that this year is the largest number of errata'd cards we have had so far, so there might not be them all thrown into an upgrade deck or such like, but at the moment I'm prepared to wait and see, or buy the cards from Wargame vault if I can't wait. 

6 hours ago, Adran said:

How much do you own? 

I own most of the models that were released under the first edition rule set. When 2nd hit I did not upgrade because of the "split" release. I figured I would wait until the rules were available for everything. During the waiting period I got into other games and now here I am.

Is there a link to the arsenal decks at war game vault?

Erm

when I look at the wyrd page I see this link, but following it seems to not work for me. I have no idea if this is just my ineptness or they have stopped doing it now. 

http://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5162/Wyrd-Miniatures/subcategory/9801_24296/Arsenal-Decks.

Its possible they are away whilst they are correcting the cards into the errata'd ones, I don't know, but people were still talking about buying them in may this year.