Expansion advice wanted

Zggy91

I recently jumped into neverborn pretty hard and was wondering what else I really needed to play them effectively. I have the dreamer, lynch, and Titania boxes, the hooded rider, barbaros, silurids, insidious madness, and rougarou. I'm planning on picking up the widow weaver, by besides that what else do I need?

I only play Lynch (For now anyway :)) Graves has been successful when using Lynch, I think he works well all around though too, also, doppelganger is a great piece, Bodyguard never fails on her, as Manipulative 14 has often stopped her from getting stomped by a beater, I couldn't recommend her enough :)

Hope this helps mate. 

4 hours ago, Chris Rivers said:

you need a Teddy!

Outside of Dreamer, you don't. The Dreamer is our best Master, so try to get his summons. Outside of that, our faction is very master dependant. Try to pick up what your master needs, aside from a few small must-haves: Doppleganger, Primordial Magic, Corrupted Hounds and Changelings.

Dreamer is good. Best master? Definitely debatable.

Teddy is a very good, master independent beater enforcer. Dreamer can summon him and give him a small heal or push and Kade synergises with him, but neither are needed for ateddy to do what he does best.

Having a Teddy available is good for any master.

2 hours ago, catbat07 said:

Outside of Dreamer, you don't. The Dreamer is our best Master, so try to get his summons. Outside of that, our faction is very master dependant. Try to pick up what your master needs, aside from a few small must-haves: Doppleganger, Primordial Magic, Corrupted Hounds and Changelings.

I was not just referring to Teddy's in game usefulness.  Teddy is just cool and he works well with Dreamer.

• Like 1

Stitched together for both dreamer and Lynch
Teddy if you're getting weaver, also may want to look at either Collodi box or wicked dolls.
If you're getting graves and tannen for Lynch these two can be useful for anyone but I'd suggesting adding doppelganger and changelings to that for multiple "show you the door" pushes or creating an even larger chatty bubble.

For Titania I enjoy Waldgiest and occasionally the Emissary 

For Lynch you may also want depleted and beckoners.
For Dreamer everything with the key word nightmare.

For Titania on top the above Maybe Iggy?

If you are looking for another box set I'd suggest Lillith as terror Totts are great 4 stone minions who work well with most masters and she plays differently enough from your other masters to be interesting but is straight forward enough to learn fairly easily.

If you want to avoid a new master for now Doppleganger, Nekima, Mr Graves and Wildgeist are all great choices. I am also personally a big fan of Mr Tannen and Iggy but they are a bit less conventional in the way you use them so mileage may vary.

On 2017-6-16 at 6:38 PM, Zggy91 said:

I recently jumped into neverborn pretty hard and was wondering what else I really needed to play them effectively. I have the dreamer, lynch, and Titania boxes, the hooded rider, barbaros, silurids, insidious madness, and rougarou. I'm planning on picking up the widow weaver, by besides that what else do I need?

Nothing. And Everything. 

You certainly have a large enough collection there to play them effectively. But there is always that view that you might want something more. 

Dreamers summons are a strong bid for your next purchase, because you can potentially bring them in during the game, so Lelu and lilitu, Stitched together (and if you are so inclined, Mr Tannan and Teddy. Especially if you are getting the widow weaver)

There are plenty of other Neverborn models that might make your list better, some more popular than others, but I could probably put down a decent argument for almost any model in the right circumstances. Your best bet is to play what you have and then look for places where you struggle, and so buy to fill those holes. 

• Like 1