Core Builds?!?!

Hi all,

Recently started playing 10T and having a mixed bag of results.

For each master or generally is there something you always see as an AUTO INCLUDE? 

I am constantly leaning to Izamu as my big beater at the moment as i dont have Yasonouri (another set of posts i queried) as well as Monk of Low River with Peaceful Rivers.

With McCabe i seem to think of the emissary for extra upgrades and a bit of fast then izamu or swordsman for a hitter

Shenlong i build around two hitters and use Wandering River to give out loads of fast....have avoided taking both Yu and Shen as do same thing

Asami i build around Ama no zoko and Ohogghouro (spelling) and summon to tastr

Those are the three main guys i use. I have Lynch, Brewey, Misaki and Mei Feng but they havent seen the table yet.

Any advice welcome. Have read pull my finger and a few forum posts but would like clarity or strats. Shen is my fav so far but McCabe has a special place in my heart.

Typical Shen Order Activation

Iniative: summon other peseant into base to base woth Shen and other peseant. 

1st Act: Slow peseant, provides for the temple. Focus

2nd Act: Sac Second Peasant for shen to 0 for focus/def

3rd act: Shen 0 focus/def .......then wandering river twice with focus to fast beaters. Then tyoically move up as last Ap.

Then go through flavour models to set up for schemes and strat

On 5/2/2017 at 2:26 AM, Oz Goff said:

For each master or generally is there something you always see as an AUTO INCLUDE? 

Very much don't believe in "auto includes... but there are some obvious synergies that are hard to go past...

My usual process goes something like:

Shenlong:

Sensei Yu, peasant

Asami:

Yasunori, Ohaguro, Obsidian Oni...

McCabe:

Doesn't matter as long as it's a minion...

Mei Feng:

Emberling, Toshiro, Often an Obsidian Oni

Yan Lo,

Soul Porter, at least 1 other ancestor...

Lynch:

Huggy, Graves

Misaki,

Doesn't REALLY matter...  

These can change, but it's kinda my default go-to... From there, normally I add in a beater. Yas is really hard to go past... Although Izamu for Yan Lo, if I'm expecting a lot of armour or trying to push activation control I'll save some stones and go the lone swordsman... Obsidian Oni are the gift that keeps on giving IMO.

Then something schemey... Ten Thunders Bros / Tengu / wandering river...

There's a lot of models I really like, condition removal is super handy, so often a low river monk or Chiaki...

Add stuff, mix well and serve.

Cheers,

Mouse

My ...

Mei Feng really likes her Emissary und her Porkchop,

Lynch loves his Emissary,

McCabe loves his Emissary and his Terracotta Warrior (and recently I haven't really seen him without his trusted Yasunori, either),

Yan Lo REALLY loves his Emissary, his Terracotta Warrior and his niece,

Sh'long likes his brother Yu and his Emissary ...

Hmm, detecting a pattern there, not sure when I played a game without the big E. Guess it's a bit of a crutch? :D

With Shenlong I usually start with Wandering River Style and a peasant, though schemes & things can vary those up. He's all the support I need or want so I can be very flexible with the remaining 46ss.

For Misaki I like to go Stalking Bisento, Misdirection and ?. Often Recalled Training but others have their place. Shang, Monk of Low River and Sensei Yu/Low River Style, lots of stones in her core. I'm just a bit too used to Shenlong's support and I want to have it with every crew. I could probably ditch low river monk without hurting performance.

Beyond master specifics, not quite auto-include but it's hard to leave home without The Lone Swordsman. He's such an easy answer to a lot of questions..

I'm not much for core builds, though I always feel I'm missing out if I'm not taking either the Emissary or Sensei Yu.

For Mei and McCabe I just must have the Emissary, and for Brewie, Misaki, Yan Lo and Lynch I'll always take Yu. Shen and Asami I still occasionally take both or either respectively. 

Something about Yu's universal pushes just ingrained itself into my playstyle, I suppose.

The only master where I have a prebuild list I often find myself going back to is Mei, Toshiro, Emissary, Porkchop. Beyond that they all have some general frameworks like some Ancestors for Yan and a big minion for McCabe but that's where the similarities end.

• 2 weeks later...

obviously crew always depends from scheme/strategy, in any case for my experience:

Shenlong:  always: peasant, jebsen              often: bettari, emissary, katanaka, kang.

Mei: always: emissary+toshiro, effiges         often: porkchop, emberling.

McCabe: always: -                                     often: katanaka, high river monk, torakage, dawn serpent, chamaitachi, luna+dogs

Misaki: always: -                                        often: katanaka, sensei yu.

Asami: always: bettari                                often: ama-no-zaku

Yan Lo: always: soul porter                         often: izamu, emissary

Lynch: always: hungering :P                    often: emissary, samurai, ten thunder brother, beckoner

Brewmaster: (I have no match with him)