Darzee's chaunt and disengage

HadjiMurat

Question

Hi!

Does Darzee's chaunt negate disengaging strikes?

Probably a silly question, but this came up last game. I had Marcus in engagement with Vik of Ash, and was down to 1 wound. Schemes and strategy-wise I was better off getting Marcus away, so I made Vik a beast, the put darzee's chaunt up, and just "walked" away 24 inches.

It didn't have a huge impact on that game, but might in future game, so I would like to be certain this is correct.

Cheers!

4 answers to this question

Why would it negate disengaging strikes?

Darzee's Chaunt says:

Target Beast receives the following Condition until the end of the Turn: "Fury: This model receives + on attack duels and damage flips and -- on Df duels."

Relevant to disengaging strikes what you did was gave the Vik a + to attack flips, ie it's disengaging strike. Going by the rules you actually made disengaging harder for yourself, unless you were fishing for her black joker.

___

What you could've done was use The Law of Meat instead since that would've disallowed the Vik from taking attack actions (ie. disengaging strikes) while engaged. Ca7 same as Darzee's but requires a mask.

• Like 2