Nekima's Teach Them Fear, Bloody Beauty, and Shieldbearer Soulfire Upgrade

ZAlpha

Question

A situation arose during the game last night where multiple abilities are triggered from one action.
Since I'm not sure we resolved them in the correct order, I thought I should ask just to confirm (and to get better at these 'timing' stuffs).

For reference:

(0) Teach Them Fear: Until the end of this Activation, when this model kills a non-Peon enemy model, it heals 2 damage and all enemy models within :pulse 4" must take a TN 14 Horror Duel.

The Bloody Beauty
After damaging, all enemy models within :pulse 4" must pass a TN 13 Wp duel or be pushed up to 5" in a direction of this model's choice.

Soulfre: After an enemy model kills or sacrifces this model with an Attack Action, the enemy model must pass a TN 14 Df duel or this model's controller performs a 2/3/4 damage flip against it that may not be cheated.

Situation:
Lilith is engaged with 2 Shieldbearers, one of which has already been 'dead' once so it has "My Fight Is Not Finished" attached, granting it Soulfire.
Lilith activates and uses her (0) Teach Them Fear action, then proceeds on attacking the Shieldbearer (with upgrade) and declared the use of "The Bloody Beauty". The damage flip is enough to kill the model, so the "Soulfire" ability kicks in.

From what I understand, both Teach Them Fear and Soulfire are triggered at the same time during Step 5 (i.e. when this model kills a non-Peon enemy model AND after an enemy model kills or sacrifces this model, respectively). While The Bloody Beauty, an after damaging trigger, is resolved after Step 5. 

Is this the correct timing to resolve all the abilities/actions? ;

1. Lilith heals 2 damage from Teach Them Fear and the two Shieldbearers are forced to take TN14 Horror duel. (as Acting Model's abilities are resolved first - pg 46)
2. Lilith takes TN 14 Df duel from Soulfire.
3. Finally, both Shieldbearers takes TN 13 Wp duel from The Bloody Beauty trigger. (even the one killed, as after damaging trigger are resolved before the model is removed if it is killed.)
3.1 If the Shieldbearer failed Wp duel, it is pushed before being removed, correct?

Thank you.

4 answers to this question

You appear to have the right sequence of events for slightly the wrong reasons, but the sequence looks right.

Teach them Fear specifies "when".  Soul fire specifies "after".  Since they both specify the same event otherwise, "if" or "when" happens before "after", without going to General Timing for sequencing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sybaris said:

Interesting, but doesn't "after damaging" trigger get resolved before "kill" related triggers? since damage is transformed into wounds and once the wounds reach 0, then the model is killed. I don't have my books in front of me, just wondering how this goes.

No, an After Damaging trigger happens after step 5, which is when damage is applied and thus anything that happens when a model is killed would happen assuming they get killed by the damage. They just don't get removed until after the After Damaging trigger gets resolved.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, solkan said:

You appear to have the right sequence of events for slightly the wrong reasons, but the sequence looks right.

Teach them Fear specifies "when".  Soul fire specifies "after".  Since they both specify the same event otherwise, "if" or "when" happens before "after", without going to General Timing for sequencing.

I see. (Somehow I always thought that there's no difference in 'after...' and 'when...') I'll remember that.

Thanks!