Nellie and Phiona vs Everybody

Clockwork_Fish

6 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Promises doesn't let you beat that ca 8. Along with el mayor or Perdita's boost to wp it gets you to as much of a chance as you'll get.

Promises gives you a chance and makes Ca 8 much less consistent, especially with El Mayor and By Your Side support. Meanwhile Ca 6-7 become pretty unreliable.

Anti-lure is largely where Sidir proves he's worth his stones vs Queeg.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hagisman said:

Sanctioned Spellcasters could be a good substitute I'd think. 

I don't come from a Lure heavy meta so Sidir has never been on my table. 

Sanctioned Spellcasters also provide a minion that can hit Incorporeal models at full strength, freeing up your harder-hitting models to go after the things that need their attention more. I also like their Control Collar ability, because there's some fun control things that can come into play.

I've never encountered a lure in the singular, always in duplicate as a belle bomb or a lilitu alongside a Doppleganger or a pair of performers or nest of beckoners. Therefore I rate the sanctioned spellcaster's aura well above Sidir's and Phiona's once-per-turn interrupt--and heck, the bolt's damage track is just as good as his machine gun, as well as full damage on incorporeal!

36 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

I've never encountered a lure in the singular, always in duplicate as a belle bomb or a lilitu alongside a Doppleganger or a pair of performers or nest of beckoners. Therefore I rate the sanctioned spellcaster's aura well above Sidir's and Phiona's once-per-turn interrupt--and heck, the bolt's damage track is just as good as his machine gun, as well as full damage on incorporeal!

Here's the thing; you definitely want to take Promises.

If you take it on Queeg, you're spending +3 SS for Queeg and Sanctioned vs just Sidir. Further, Sidir, your Promises bearer who is handing out the :+fate to Wp (and thus a key linchpin), is outright immune to lures, making it much harder to break apart the bubble in a single stroke. Spellcaster is meanwhile very fragile despite offering a close knit AoE immunity.

Beyond that, Bolt in terms of DPS outside of incorporeal doesn't have anything on Sh7 Stutterfire machine gun.

I think both options are good,  sanctioned and Sidir. 

I don't play against ressers very often so I just recieve the occasional   lure (or effects that break the bubble) from neverborn Knights,  performer,  Titania and so on. 

Sometimes I hot off the press (slow day trigger)  back

49 minutes ago, Surrealistik said:

Here's the thing; you definitely want to take Promises.

If you take it on Queeg, you're spending +3 SS for Queeg and Sanctioned vs just Sidir. Further, Sidir, your Promises bearer who is handing out the :+fate to Wp (and thus a key linchpin), is outright immune to lures, making it much harder to break apart the bubble in a single stroke. Spellcaster is meanwhile very fragile despite offering a close knit AoE immunity.

Beyond that, Bolt in terms of DPS outside of incorporeal doesn't have anything on Sh7 Stutterfire machine gun.

This is an awful lot of points spent on your combo though.  Two eight point henchmen and a nine point henchman, plus upgrades, it's more than half your points.  All to beef up a combo that was plenty serviceable to begin with.  Not to say it's not dangerous, but even with killy strategies it seems a bit like overkill.

1 hour ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

This is an awful lot of points spent on your combo though.  Two eight point henchmen and a nine point henchman, plus upgrades, it's more than half your points.  All to beef up a combo that was plenty serviceable to begin with.  Not to say it's not dangerous, but even with killy strategies it seems a bit like overkill.

You can do the combo with a minimum of Phiona and a Queeg for 16 SS (19 SS with max upgrades). I would always run Promises with Phiona + Nellie because it gives you substantial resistance to Wp (including most lure effects) and makes her already deadly melee spam much deadlier; there's just way too much return on investment to pass up. Fran isn't obligatory, but he's such a great and versatile point efficient melee beater you may as well run him, plus El Mayor helps ensure the combo's integrity and prevent disruption.