Banasuva's (0)

retnab

Question

Hey all, I had a question about Banasuva's (0) which lets him take an ability or action from a friendly Gamin in range.  Specifically, if he takes Armor +1 or Armor +2, is that Armor considered a Condition or just an innate part of his card until the end of the turn?  The ability does not mention Conditions, just says it gains the ability or action, but I can't think of another time when you get Armor when it's not a Condition.

4 answers to this question

He will take the action as an action, and the ability as an ability. He doesn't take conditions. 

If the card he is taking it from doesn't have armour ability, but only Armour condition, then he can't take it. 

If the model has both the ability and a condition on it, then we need to look at the actual details of the stacking box (p63)

1) Sometimes a model will gain a Condition that has the same name as
one of its Abilities. Abilities and Conditions stack if they both have a
value and they have the same name. For instance, if a model with the
Armor +1 Ability gains Armor +2 as a Condition, the two effects stack.
However, they do not merge (as two Conditions do), so a model that loses
the Condition does not lose its Ability.

If your Ice Gamin has Armor+1 ability and Armour +2 condition, whilst it will treat it as armor+3, banasuva can only borrow armor+1 from it, as the ability and condition haven't merged to be the same

• Like 1

I don't have a copy of the rules in front of me at the moment, but what I would recommend doing is looking at the portion where it talks about the anatomy of a card (station characteristics, stats, abilities). I'm pretty sure that the portion of the card that Armor +x appears in is the abilities section of the card. If it is, then it would be a legitimate copy target (an ability called Armor with a variable value of x).