Theoryfaux: Asami

Skitt_Happens

My primary is Neverborn, I have gotten some mileage out of Tannen but reducing him to the +2 mask -2 tomb action does the model a disserves and that seems to be how people think of him. He and Graves make a good combo though. Give Tannen mimics blessing and Graves retribution's eye and it gets fun fast but that is also a good chunk of stones to pay on two models to get one of them to work.

2 minutes ago, D_acolyte said:

My primary is Neverborn, I have gotten some mileage out of Tannen but reducing him to the +2 mask -2 tomb action does the model a disserves and that seems to be how people think of him. He and Graves make a good combo though. Give Tannen mimics blessing and Graves retribution's eye and it gets fun fast but that is also a good chunk of stones to pay on two models to get one of them to work.

Agreed. Regardless of the faction I'm playing with Tannen (even though I never hire him into Neverborn), he will always play with Graves. Graves and him do have some really good combos together. I also don't like discounting Tannen's "Bore to Tears" as it is good, but its not a reason to take him. Tannen really only works well in 10T because he can carry things like Smoke Grenades or Low River Monk upgrade. Besides that I see no reason to throw him in.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daniello_s said:

Has anyone used Mr Tannen with Asami? Giving +2 to :mask flips looks pretty interesting (Hey! Jorogumo on 11+ instead of 13!). I wonder how does it work in practice.

I've tried it a couple of times but found it doesn't suit my play style. 

I love Asami's mobility but this locks her into Tannens orbit. He then needs to activate before her and you need to have the cards that want the boost. He's also very vulnerable to many crews. 

I find Tannens greatest asset for me tends to be cooler. 

Tannen's main drawing points for me are his 'Chatty'/'Cooler' combo as well as the debuff to Wk/Ch and blocking SS use on his attack - quite useful with models that cause Wk Duels (Traps, Pathfinders, Ototo's upgrade, Sidir's 'Unload the Magazine'). Thunders has better ways to protect/heal AND especially to position Tannen imo. If you taking him only for the (0) action I'm afraid you are selling the model short :)