RoF: Death Marshal Recruiter thoughts

Hagisman

What do you guys think about him? Currently I'm looking at a Lady J list that looks something like this:

Guild
50ss Crew

Lady Justice -- 6ss
 +Last Stand - 1ss

Aionus - 13ss

Death Marshal - 6ss

Death Marshal - 6ss

Death Marshal Recruiter - 7ss

The Judge - 9ss
 +Flames Of The Pit - 2ss

Watcher - 4ss

But this list will be looking more likely:

Guild
50ss Crew

Lady Justice -- 4ss
 +Last Stand - 1ss

Aionus - 13ss

Death Marshal - 6ss

Death Marshal - 6ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Death Marshal Recruiter  - 7ss

The Judge - 9ss
 +Flames Of The Pit - 2ss

I like the idea of being able to keep my models alive with him. Though I know the tactics/strategy to have a full hand with him is going to be key.

57 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Oh, are you planning on dropping Santiago to low wounds and keep him alive through the recruiter? I like that idea!

Like cinnamon bear I really don't see the point of Flames of the pit in these lists.

I like that idea as well. I didn't mean for Santiago to be in the list. I was just using him as a place holder for te recruiter and renaming him. But I like the idea. I'm gonna put that in my pocket.

Flames of the Pit was going to be to give it to Guild Marshal models, but remembering it only affects Death Marshals I'm throwing it out again.

So I'll swap out upgrades for something else. 

Aionus is to attack buried models more reliably. 

I also hadn't considered the Santiago option. Might be too expensive, but definitely something to try out! Love to see him get some use.

I think I'm so used to putting my own models in boxes that I completely neglected to remember the utility of Aionus attacking enemy models that the multiple death marshals could be boxing. Still, he's an awfully big chunk of points, and I'd say that might be more of an either meta or strats and scheme based call.

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

I think I'm so used to putting my own models in boxes that I completely neglected to remember the utility of Aionus attacking enemy models that the multiple death marshals could be boxing. Still, he's an awfully big chunk of points, and I'd say that might be more of an either meta or strats and scheme based call.

Death Marshal Recruiter and Aionus are very similar, but Aionus doesn't have the must discard a card to attack buried models that the Recruiter has. So Aionus helps keep the card resources down. The 13ss is a high detriment, but I think it can work. The only problem is getting models buried.