Sonnia crew question

amanwing

9 hours ago, Ludvig said:

The emmissary can use Loco's attacks while he is buried. It's somewhat short-ranged but can be really good.

@trikk I'm an idiot! I didn't even think to copy flaming bullets. It even took me a couple of turns to remember that I could copy enemy attacks, I moved to get LoS to Samael when he was behind the duet when they have better attacks than him... Last night's game resulta in more and more facepalms the more I think about it...

Don`t hate the game. Hate the player :P. I think Flaming Bullets are the thing I`m most excited about with Emissary. The Condition-Immune Fast Howard with Armour +3 is probably another thing worth using :D

10 hours ago, amanwing said:

Just played a game and reincarnation gave me only one model because of the 10 range. I won and it was very easy just blasting things to pieces. I learned that Sonnia can kill stuff without burning and that the brutal effigy is not really worth it for me. The Emissary also did not feel good enough for a 10 stone model. The handler was bored all the time. Papa was great even if boxed most of the time and Francisco was good as always. But the winner model was Sonnia (monster with + to damage). She almost won the game alone. I missed an austringer so I guess I will include one.

Effigy is great for a semi-fast durable 4SS Minion and the buff is nice for healing Sonnia (after you slapped her with Queeg for example) and card draw (as you can kill 3-4 enemy models if you have a good turn)

19 hours ago, amanwing said:

Just played a game and reincarnation gave me only one model because of the 10 range. I won and it was very easy just blasting things to pieces. I learned that Sonnia can kill stuff without burning and that the brutal effigy is not really worth it for me. The Emissary also did not feel good enough for a 10 stone model. The handler was bored all the time. Papa was great even if boxed most of the time and Francisco was good as always. But the winner model was Sonnia (monster with + to damage). She almost won the game alone. I missed an austringer so I guess I will include one.

This is pretty much exactly why Sonnia doesn't get much mileage out of her thematic crew.  Burning isn't particularly easy to set up and doesn't really add much to her power or the power of her crew except Samuel.  What she "does" is throw fireballs everywhere and all she really needs to do that is reliable access to Moderate/Severe damage flips.

If you do want to run Reincarnation, I'd actually suggest treating it as a way to replenish lost Stalkers.  I've had an ok time with a Handler and 4 Stalkers.  They're rather impressive little minions that are just too slow.  The Handler fixes that, but costs to much to efficiently buff 1-2 of them.  Once you get a lot of them their deaths will reliably set models on fire that you can use to bring in a new Stalker.  It's more of a cute gimmick than a real strategy, but it can be fun.  

I really wish Reincarnation triggered off the burning she applies herself or worked with Visions.  As is its the overbalanced aspect of her and hard to justify compared to her damage output, control, and denial options.  It's "fine" but the rest of her is exceptional.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, trikk said:

I`m alway saying that Firestarter and Samael should swap Factions. Kaeris could use a model with high damage for burning enemies. Sonnia could use a fast-burning giving scheme runner :D

True. Shame that there is no chance whatsoever of the fluff for either justifying it.

Lucius: This is your employment contract. You will find it all to be in order....

Firestarter: *applies cigar to paperwork, watches as the paper barely even singes before extinguishing the cigar itself, purses lips*

Lucius: ...You will also find it has been dipped in fire-retardant salts, as has your Guild uniform, as will any other paraphernalia you will be issued. If you insist upon burning them regardless, I shall have you transferred to the witch hunters' division, to be reassigned as Sonnia sees fit. Good day.

As for Samael, if he developed rogue mage talents I think he'd march himself down to the crypt before allying with the Arcanists.

2 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

True. Shame that there is no chance whatsoever of the fluff for either justifying it.

Lucius: This is your employment contract. You will find it all to be in order....

Firestarter: *applies cigar to paperwork, watches as the paper barely even singes before extinguishing the cigar itself, purses lips*

Lucius: ...You will also find it has been dipped in fire-retardant salts, as has your Guild uniform, as will any other paraphernalia you will be issued. If you insist upon burning them regardless, I shall have you transferred to the witch hunters' division, to be reassigned as Sonnia sees fit. Good day.

As for Samael, if he developed rogue mage talents I think he'd march himself down to the crypt before allying with the Arcanists.

You can't light a paper stack that thick with a cigar anyways.

@LunarSol

It's hard to justify the upgrade slot since all her upgrades are amazing but I think the chance of summoning is somewhere between ok to great for a 1ss upgrade. It's too bad she can't light stuff up in melee since that would combine a lot better with her (0) pulse and reincarnation. I guess the handler is meant to help with that. 

7 hours ago, Ludvig said:

@LunarSol

It's hard to justify the upgrade slot since all her upgrades are amazing but I think the chance of summoning is somewhere between ok to great for a 1ss upgrade. It's too bad she can't light stuff up in melee since that would combine a lot better with her (0) pulse and reincarnation. I guess the handler is meant to help with that. 

It's a phenomenal upgrade on its own merits, no argument.  That's why people always want to use it.  The problem with it is simply that Sonnia is strongest when attacking things more than 10" away or out of her LOS.  It's actually a really strong upgrade, it just encourages Sonnia to take risks she really doesn't need to.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LunarSol said:

It's a phenomenal upgrade on its own merits, no argument.  That's why people always want to use it.  The problem with it is simply that Sonnia is strongest when attacking things more than 10" away or out of her LOS.  It's actually a really strong upgrade, it just encourages Sonnia to take risks she really doesn't need to.

We should petition wyrd for our own Sammy Lacroix that can take master upgrades and run around (with flight/incorp. of course) to get burning stuff close at the end of rounds ;) Sonnia is way to weak as it is :D