Will o' Wisp and Zoraida - Looking for confirmation

orkdork

Just now, Four_N_Six said:

So the idea is they can summon her voodoo doll for her. Or use her placement ability, or I think her ability against scheme markers? It's been a while since I've played her

Yes, the idea is that they can do any of those. The ability to summon multiple voodoo dolls per turn, and to do so without spending any of Zoraida's AP (allowing her to focus on Obey/Bewitch) should radically alter how Z plays and how powerful she is.

• Like 1

A model can only be targeted by this once per turn. So one wisp could summon one doll, but if you want any more dolls Zoraida will have to summon them. And you could still only have one doll at a time on the table, because the summon action sacrifices all other friendly totems.

Wisps do also buff Z by letting you place a scheme marker when a model fails a Wp duel, say against an Obey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, orkdork said:

Suh-weeet! Any restrictions? Range? For example, could they Animal Shape + Summon Voodoo? That would be bonkers!

Thanks for the info, all! Super duper excited?

Nope. That would require targeting Zoraida twice with the action, which is not allowed. 

Still, this is amazingly good. What Rarity are they? Say they're Rare 3, that's 6 activations with 3-6 chances at sewn fate that also frees up Zoraida!

And the Spawn Mother is suddenly good, since she can lay an egg and the wisp can hatch it on that same turn!

How much are these magical Zoraida boosters?

14 minutes ago, orkdork said:

Good question!

And how many SS are these little bundles of joy? (P.S. I LOVE the artwork!)

More then a Primordial Magic but less then a Waldgeist. I've no idea how specific I am permitted to be with stuff like that since I believe cost is a stat. 

Seems like you could do something like:

Zoraida, Animal or Tarot, based on schemes

Juju, Eternal Fiend, Hexed Among You

Spawn Mother

Iggy

2 of Silurids/Waldgeists

2 Wisps

This gives you 8 models to start, +doll and a gupps per turn.

Ultimately, you probably drop Juju for McTavish and something for a Doppel:(

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, orkdork said:

Ah, that makes sense. So they're not particularly cheap. Still, I can imagine 2 being quite worthwhile.

Starts to get hard to fit the Spawn Mother and Juju, however.

1 for doll, 1 for eggs. Also gives you more chances for Fickle Winds.

Ah see correction below - sorry haven't had my full prerequisite amount of coffee yet. 

9 minutes ago, necroon said:

More then a Primordial Magic but less then a Waldgeist. I've no idea how specific I am permitted to be with stuff like that since I believe cost is a stat. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tomjoad said:

Each wisp can target Z once, or Z can only be targeted once total, no matter how many wisps you hire?

A model may only be targeted by the action once per turn. So you get to copy an action from a given model once per turn, no matter how many you hire.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bodiless said:

A model may only be targeted by the action once per turn. So you get to copy an action from a given model once per turn, no matter how many you hire.

Okay, so they are cheaper than I thought, but can't multi-voodoo. That's good. If they were both cheap AND could multi-voodoo, the activation control would get way out of hand.

I actually think this is how I'd rather have it. Avoids the annoying "outactivate and burn you to death" list that would be very, very strong otherwise!

• Like 1