Schemes and what I have for Figs?

Gremlin66

I'm not purchasing anything except for maybe Sammy at the moment. I'm just curious if what I have a moment will work in all the schemes. I'm new to Malifaux and at the moment reading over the rules and painting my figures. Can't wait to start the wife's. LOL.

So here is what I have:

Som'er

2 Skeeters

Lenny

4 Bayou Gremlins

2 Slop Haulers

Old Cranky

Ophelia Lacroix

3 young Lacroix

Francois Lacroix

Rami Lacroix

Raphael Lacroix

Pere Ravage

Burt Jebson

Gracie

Sammy Lacroix

McTavish (who doesn't like an Irish Cajun)

4 Bayou Gators

Nightmare Whiskey Golem (saw it LOVED it had to have it) Not sure it will ever see play but it's an AWESOME looking model.

Thanks for looking. 

19 minutes ago, Gremlin66 said:

I hate duplicate models and conversions with Wyrd's figs is limited. Heard a rumor about a Gremlin generic box coming out so (fingers crossed) maybe.

They are on the to get list though.

Wyrd mentioned one was coming for TtB like their Male/Female multipart kits. Its down in the TtB forum, but theres no other info on it.

43 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

To be fair, Nathan just said 'Already done one'. That doesn't actually mean it's on the way, or if it is, any time soon. It could just mean they've got the 3D renders but haven't got anywhere in the schedule for one.

It not being on offer at Gencon might mean that it won't be out this year. Might not mean that, of course, but if I were to bet on it, I would bet that way.

You've got a pretty great base to cover most strats & schemes there. The one hole that jumps out to me is that I'd really recommend some Piglets - they're amazing at Distract and Cursed Object from the rulebook schemes, and Catch & Release and Exhaust Their Forces from Gaining Grounds 2016 schemes. Basically the idea is you get an 8" charge in for 1 AP, and then you interact to hand out the scheme condition. They're somewhat easy to disengage from, only being Ml4, but they're quite hard to actually kill for their cost since they have Df6. If you don't score points with it, you'll be sucking up lots of AP from your opponents.

The only other thing I'd say makes a few schemes & strats really easy that you're missing is the Pigapult, but that's definitely not a necessity. It's very good for Reconnoiter/Interference alongside a summoner, and for Public Demonstration (GG2016 schemes)

29 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

The only other thing I'd say makes a few schemes & strats really easy that you're missing is the Pigapult, but that's definitely not a necessity. It's very good for Reconnoiter/Interference alongside a summoner, and for Public Demonstration (GG2016 schemes)

And occupy their turf....3 free VPs :P

6 hours ago, Gremlin66 said:

Piglets or stuffed piglets that is the question. I'll have to pick up the Taxidermy boxset for the stuffed ones. One or two boxes of the Piglets? Plus Old Major or Sow to control them. Correct.

I would go with normal piglets first. The Sow can't control piglets however she can summon them so you might want to look into her for that. Old major can help with piglets however I would recommend getting a hog whisperer box. The hog whisperers can stop pigs charging you own models and also hand out reactivate and help move pigs about. You will also get a piglet in the hog whisperer box which will take you to 4 piglets which should be enough unless you branch out into Ulix.

I'm not 100% agreeing with that hog whisperer. Mine sits in the case every game. Ulix and Pelope have the same aura of no pig charges and Somer can acquire via upgrade. That reactivate is cool but it does 3 damage to the pig which means that pig probably won't survive to use it unless you time it right.

3 minutes ago, Nosilloc said:

I'm not 100% agreeing with that hog whisperer. Mine sits in the case every game. Ulix and Pelope have the same aura of no pig charges and Somer can acquire via upgrade. That reactivate is cool but it does 3 damage to the pig which means that pig probably won't survive to use it unless you time it right.

So time it right, then! :P Note also that Lenny can lower the damage as can Armor (Mech Pork takes all of one damage for Reactivate if next to Lenny). Or, and this is most obvious solution, heal the Pig! There's lots of options on how to do it.

Also, they are no slouches outside of the Pig synergy. In my last game with one I killed a full-wound Wrath with a Focused Charge from a Hog Whisperer.