Titania and new neverborn player

Duront

Why ? Because it can poop out a gups per turn ?

It's not just that the Wisp hatches the gupp for her, it's the added luxury of getting that Gupp when you actually want it, and for a reasonable ap cost.

Our wisp can be on egg hatching duty for only 1ap instead of the Mother's 2ap, and crucially, can hatch you a Gupps turn 1. As he only costs 3ss, it's a really cheap way to add both his own ap and the Gupps' ap that could not have existed turn one any other way.

Wonderfully, both wisps & the spawn mother are Swampfiends too, so Zoraida players could even take them both with her to Gremlins if she wanted.

I think "insanely good" is a bit hyperbolic. You spend 9+3+SS cache to get a beater and some scheme runners. It's probably the first two Gupps that are going to do most of your scheming, what with summons not being able to interact on the turn they arrive. Occasionally later summons might do something useful but it wouldn't be every game. So in practice you get the beater a little cheaper than if you bought a beater and some scheme runners outright. And while the Wisp doesn't need to get that close to the enemy there are ways kill backfield stuff and disrupt this, possibly before you have summoned any of your scheme runners.

Sure, it makes Spawn Mother better, but then she wasn't very impressive before.

• Like 1

I think "insanely good" is a bit hyperbolic. You spend 9+3+SS cache to get a beater and some scheme runners. It's probably the first two Gupps that are going to do most of your scheming, what with summons not being able to interact on the turn they arrive. Occasionally later summons might do something useful but it wouldn't be every game. So in practice you get the beater a little cheaper than if you bought a beater and some scheme runners outright. And while the Wisp doesn't need to get that close to the enemy there are ways kill backfield stuff and disrupt this, possibly before you have summoned any of your scheme runners.

After the first 2 Gupps, the rest are there to die so SM can get a +2 Dmg.

Well, yeah, "insanely good" is always hyperbolic :) So good you lose your mind? Not even sure what it technically means ;)

In context though, I am saying that it may be something so good that every Neverborn crew should consider it as a possible include. I have all of 2 games with it, so I am not certain of anything at this point! They were certainly great in those two games.

As far as later Gupps, the turn 4 Gupp can absolutely find work on turn 5. Even the turn 5 gupp can count for interference/extraction/stash/occupy/take prisoner/inspection.

Even more, however, is that you can look at the board and schemes and have a really good idea about how much work you'll get out of them, so those situations that are bad (getting the wisp killed, not having work for the 3rd+ Gupps) are something you can see coming.

And "makes her better" is an understatement ;) She nearly doubled her AP in effect!

Hi all,

I love Titania's mechanics and the look of the models but I really dislike alot of the neverborn models. I was wondering if just staying with her box and the nephilim models is that enough? or do you have to take the dreams/doll/babies stuff to be competitive?

Out of all Neverborn, the Nephiilim are probably those that will have the least affinity with Titania. There is Nekima, obviously, but I feel the Titania crew doesn't have the necessary resources to support her and doesn't really need another big damage dealer (Titania herself should be ok with that). Tots are always a good choice for scheme running, but I also don't feel Titania's crew needs any extra help for that, seeing how many scheme markers they are able to place already!

As everybody else said, it's still early, but I can definitely see her working a lot better with Wp-debuffing models such as Widow Weaver and Insidious Madnesses, and other models that can take advantage of it such as Alps, Sorrows and Stitched Together, and generic models such as Doppleganger.

Well, yeah, "insanely good" is always hyperbolic :) So good you lose your mind? Not even sure what it technically means ;)

In context though, I am saying that it may be something so good that every Neverborn crew should consider it as a possible include. I have all of 2 games with it, so I am not certain of anything at this point! They were certainly great in those two games.

As far as later Gupps, the turn 4 Gupp can absolutely find work on turn 5. Even the turn 5 gupp can count for interference/extraction/stash/occupy/take prisoner/inspection.

Even more, however, is that you can look at the board and schemes and have a really good idea about how much work you'll get out of them, so those situations that are bad (getting the wisp killed, not having work for the 3rd+ Gupps) are something you can see coming.

And "makes her better" is an understatement ;) She nearly doubled her AP in effect!

I agree with this. I have had lot of success with Spawn Mommy and Gupps in Zoraida lists before, this can only make her better! I would also add that, absolutely, Turn 4 and 5 Gupps do find their use, and have saved my ass many times ;)

She could run Nephilim just fine, in fact Mother of Monsters box, plus a Nephilim box and a box of Black Blood Shamans would work quite well with the Queen's Return box.

So, since my Neverborn mostly consist of this box, and I really like the look of Titania, is this something that has been borne out?  I'm an extremely new player, so I don't really have the experience yet, but I'd love to have her as my second master.

So, since my Neverborn mostly consist of this box, and I really like the look of Titania, is this something that has been borne out?  I'm an extremely new player, so I don't really have the experience yet, but I'd love to have her as my second master.

I haven't tried it, but Titania is a very strong option, and the Nephilim are great. You're going to have to either give Black Blood to your Fae with a Shaman, or be cautious about positioning, but other than that, I think it's a perfectly functional combination.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A couple more games with Spawn + Wisp and I do think that most every crew will want to consider it. Very strong. I don't think it's every game, unless your crew has particular synergy with it (e.g. Juju or McTavish), but I expect I'll run it as often as not in my Lilith and Pandora crews (and nearly always in my Zoraida crews).

I even ran it in my Gremlin Zoraida build to great success.

It is crows hungry, obviously, so that's another thing to think on before choosing it.

• Like 1