Vs Ressers

Chris Rivers

Any master really (well except Lucius because...Lucius). My first thought when I hear the opponent say, "Resser" is to hire Sue (tool box merc that disrupts a few things they have). Then I hire a crew as normal for strat and schemes. If the opponent is playing a summoning master, I try to put pressure on the master (Nico, Kirai, Molly), if an aggressive master or support master, I try to take away their crew while minimizing damage from said master (Seamus, Yan Lo, McMourning, Tara). The rest is just choosing schemes I know I can achieve and trying to ensure I get them. If I know the enemy's (once revealed, or if I suspect what they are) I try to minimize their ability to score as best I can.

Honestly, I don't really do anything different for Ressers (in strategy or model choice beyond one or two guys like Sue) as I do for any other Faction.

Collodi Construct Crew has many things can be used against any ressers. 

Arcane Effigy = Condition Removal

Carrion Effigy + Fated and / or Widow Weaver + Handbag (Summon Teddy) = Corpse Marker Removal

Stitched = Gamble Your Life ignores :-fates in Damage Filps, so it is very useful against ressers. 

But Student of Steel - Terrifying (Construct) and other terrifying(All) models may be annoying opponents.

Neverborn, as a general rule, don't need to tailor their game to meet a specific opposing faction - we tend to dictate that ourselves! 

That said, anything with high min damage (as hard to wound less useful) or construct heavy (no corpse markers) might be a way to go. We can do either or both very easily.

Resser player here, Wp debuffs (looking at you Widow Weaver) and models with Terrifying (all) can also be quite brutal as most of our Wp is low to average. And as others have said, high minimum damage can be quite useful.

Master-wise Lilith, Pandora and Dreamer are amongst my most feared matchups (haven't faced Collodi yet though) in general, though it also has something to do with McMourning being my main master who is especially vulnerable to Wp-based debuffs and his key models being picked apart.

I tend to use Pandora if the schemes and strategy allow it.  Using misery to dodge around hard to wound/kill is my go to jerk move.  Doesn't always work out, but it's not bad.  Besides, using Incite to control activation order could give you an easier time against summoning masters.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, forcing Horror Duels and/or Manipulative on undead' slow WP is the best disruptor. Forcing the player to choose between activation failure or hand cannibalisation (to cheat to pass) is awesome as most Resser masters become less threatening when their hand reserve is gone. 

Pandy, Dreamer are best for this.. Especially Dreamer.. Stitcheds are also great against the undead, especially against Hanged. As long as you can pass the Terrifying, Stitcheds are silver bullets for Hanged.