Preparation for Turnament

Hofidas

Hello Guys,

I'm going to a Tournament and thinking about some Lists. So I just post my first ideas and hope that you can give me some good advices.

Gremlins - 50ss Crew

The Brewmaster -- 3SS Cache
+Binge - 1ss

• Apprentice Wesley - 3ss
  • Fingers - 10ss
    +Drinking Probelm - 2ss
  • Moon Shinobi - 6ss
  • Moon Shinobi - 6ss
  • Performer - 6ss
  • The Sow - 8ss
  • Trixiebelle - 8ss

I hope I should not say any about this.

Gremlins - 50ss Crew

Mah Tucket -- 4SS Cache
+Know The Terrain - 1ss
+Out For Blood - 2ss

• The Little Lass - 4ss
  • Bayou Gremlin - 3ss
  • Lenny - 9ss
  • Rooster Rider - 6ss
  • Rooster Rider - 6ss
  • Rooster Rider - 6ss
  • Slop Hauler - 5ss
  • The Sow - 8ss

Little Lass get's "Lead Lined Aproned" so I can Sacrifice her when necessarie, same for the Bayou. So all my heavy hitters get their positive flips. The Sow can provit form Rams on ini flip.

Gremlins - 50ss Crew

Somer Teeth Jones -- 4SS Cache
+Can O' Beans - 1ss
+Family Tree - 2ss

• Skeeter x 2 - 4ss
  • Bayou Bushwacker - 6ss
  • Bayou Gremlin - 3ss
  • Bayou Gremlin - 3ss
  • Bayou Gremlin - 3ss
  • Lenny - 9ss
    +I'll Love It And Pet It... - 1ss
  • Piglet - 4ss
  • Slop Hauler - 5ss
  • Trixiebelle - 8ss
    +A Gun For A Lady - 1ss

I'm not sure about the Piglet, but it's a way to move my Gremlins. I hope that this list can easily out activate the enemie and the waves of Bayou Gremlins can get the Schemes and Strategies. Trixi and Lenny are great together, with her "Gremlin Lure I can push Enemys away, Slop Holer an Lenny close and Piglets deeper to the enemies.

Hope that you like my ideas and wan't to hear some critics.

No Francois or Burt in any of the lists?

I have been plaiying Brewmaster a lot lately and find him by far the weakest of the Gremlin Masters. He locks down models while other Masters kill models. With lockdown you need to do it again every turn while the killer Master can move on to the next target. Brewmaster used as a debuffer that lets your other models kill the enemy works better than the lockdown but still isn't all that stellar. IMO, that is.

As for the the other lists, I think they look fine. I love Sammy with Somer and I'd be tempted to exchange the Sow for Francois with Stilts or Burt with Dirty Cheater but I belive that the Sow will work as well.

• Like 1

I don't have Burt or Francois, maybe Burt could come untill the Tournement but I think he Works best with Gracie + Saddle and this is 19 SS.

You are right, the Brewmaster doesn't do Damage but the Moon Shinobis can as well as the Sow an the Performer if the Target is Poisend and swilled or she uses her ability to give negative Flips by removing a Scheme Marker. It sounds good on paper but I have to test it on board. Maybe I will change the List.

The other Lists are just orientations, I'm pretty new to Malifaux and need a red thread to go on crew building.

I have these Boxes:

- Mah Tucket

- Som'er Teeth

- The Brewmaster

- Piglets

- Rooster Riders

- Slop Haulers

- The Sow 

- Gracie

I'm going to buy another Box of Bayou Gremlins just for summoning.

Ah, that's a good collection but a bit limited in some sense - I now understand the lists a lot better!

And I'm not saying that Brewmaster is useless - he just doesn't seem to agree with my playstyle. Swilling stuff up and then killing with Roosters or Francois (Companion rocks here!) seems like a more promising approach than the lockdown.

You could build an elite Somer crew as well - he goes really well with Rooster Riders (Encouragement rocks!) and can ride around on Gracie showing off his hat and shooting his gun.

• Like 1

The Som'er List ist a good Idea, I will give it a try in my training phase.

I think I bought the right things for the start. Now I have to add little things.

I think the brewmaster is good because most enemies don't plan against him when they hear they play against gremlins. So the surprise element is on my side.

58 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I have been plaiying Brewmaster a lot lately and find him by far the weakest of the Gremlin Masters. He locks down models while other Masters kill models. With lockdown you need to do it again every turn while the killer Master can move on to the next target. Brewmaster used as a debuffer that lets your other models kill the enemy works better than the lockdown but still isn't all that stellar. IMO, that is.

I've played him once and totally agree.

I believe it should be far more durable and easily to spread :-fate around. Being constantly busy in trying to do that keep your master in "stand-by" just buying some time...for what? In one turn with Ophelia you can burst down a whole army...

I don't know, I will try him again but not sure how to get some value out. I'm pretty focused on the WP debuff aura but I can't find enough WP attacker in gremlin...any idea?

33 minutes ago, Blacks85 said:

I'm pretty focused on the WP debuff aura but I can't find enough WP attacker in gremlin...any idea?

Sammy's Jynx with Twisted Mind is pretty good. Also, though not a Wp Attack per se, The Sow can get an extra Attack through Smell Fear. Bishop (and Moon Shinobis of course) can also attack against Wp.

4 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Sammy's Jynx with Twisted Mind is pretty good. Also, though not a Wp Attack per se, The Sow can get an extra Attack through Smell Fear. Bishop (and Moon Shinobis of course) can also attack against Wp.

Yeah, there is also trixie...but all these stuffs? I don't know, they will go on even if the defender is no debuffed most likely.

That's why you don't benefit from them.

Bishop could be good but I come from outcast and I know them very well...in my opinion bishop is overpriced and hasn't a decent dmg output for the fragility it brings.

Are the moon shinobi decent? I feel they are absolutely unplayable for 6 SS...but never tried.

1 hour ago, Blacks85 said:

Yeah, there is also trixie...but all these stuffs? I don't know, they will go on even if the defender is no debuffed most likely.

That's why you don't benefit from them.

Twisted Mind is Wp 12 duel or get Paralyzed. When your Wp is 2, that becomes a lot more annoying (let alone when you have Swill). And it's an Aura and you can shoot it into an engagement so perfect for the Brewmaster bubble. Oh, and overlapping Auras stack so if you put it on two guys next to one another, it's very annoying.

Bishop could be good but I come from outcast and I know them very well...in my opinion bishop is overpriced and hasn't a decent dmg output for the fragility it brings.

His damage output does go up when the enemy's Wp is 2. He works nicely with Seamus and Pandora. But I do agree that he seems a bit expensive and I haven't tried him with Brewie.

Are the moon shinobi decent? I feel they are absolutely unplayable for 6 SS...but never tried.

They are decent. Their defensive Trigger is pretty ace (it works on friendly fire as well) and they can do a surprising amount of damage and their stats are pretty good. They are IMO good against Ressers since the abundant HtW really benefits them and there even might be Poison to Push towards. I don't like Poisoning Moon Shinobi on purpose (they have too low Wp for that) but Ressers sometimes do that so there's some benefit there as well. They are also Yin's worst nightmare :lol: 

I've used a Zoraida list with two Nurses and three Moon Shinobi with the Nurses giving them positive twists to everything and +2 Armor. It's very funny though not tournament-worthy. In that list I do Poison a Moon Shinobi to get them all moving.

• Like 1

I really like the sow in that brew master list, smell fear triggering off his hangover is brutal. Fingers im not sure about in a brew master list as he kind of does what brew master does leaving you lacking punch (i find anyway). 

Have you tried lenny in a brew master crew? he works great with trixie, giving her the auto trigger to have a gremlin attack the target she attacked, and if its on a target with swill you're likely hitting with both attacks for 4 min dmg between them. Not to mention if lenny gets low he can just use the (1) action on brewmaster to heal and take no poison because he's immune to conditions. 

I question the bushwacker in teh somer crew i'd probably ditch it and the piglet for a rooster and another bayou, i do see what you're doing though, a gunline firing away and if they miss (when they miss) the bushwacker takes the wd and the shot and u just heal him up. 

Mah tucket i find little lass not worth it at all, also in my experience mah tucket really needs dirty cheater especially because she hogs your whole hand. I'd turn little lass into a bayou gremlin and dirty cheater. I also see what you're doing with lenny and out for blood i find she tends to outrun lenny for the auto trigger to it though or you cant commit lenny because u need him in a certain area to trigger for mah, but hopefully it works!

• Like 1

Thank u @Tinymost I read is that u like my ideas ;)

Lenny or Fingers is part of the Schemes.

Som'er with Bushwacker is also because of the 3'' soft cover. Rooster Riders are better choice for different Schemes, I think you are right in that point.

Mah with Little Lass is for the Upgrade. Maybe I can change it to get Dirty Cheater, at this point you could be right as well. But Lenny works really good with Mah. I played it a few times and get always the trigger when I need it. When it works, it's pure horror for the opponent. 1. The free charge. 2. You go to Lenny via "Let Mah Handle this" so Lenny is around the same combat. So u get Rams on the attacks. With a Ram on hand u have 2 Rams in the final duel total. Take a Soulstone for one more and u give out a damage of 6/7/8 after your 2 Charge attacks u can do an other charge or one more attack an defense stance. :+fate Flips to Df and minus 1 damage from Lenny and minus 1 via Armor. What do u want more on a gremlin with 12 wounds and a slop holer in the back.

I know this is the best case. But some parts are not random and work pretty well.

But I will keep your ideas in mind. Thank you for the help.