If J. Lynch is better like Ten Thunder...

TeddyBear

Not TT player, but faced two Lynch players in last 2 weeks. Both players had similar lists. I think I messed up some upgrades on Lynch, correct me if needed. In two lists, only one model was changed, Katanka for Graves. It was really good list. I won against Graves list, lost against Katanka list (enemy had crazy luck with red joker flips). 

Ten Thunders
50ss Crew

Jakob Lynch -- 5ss
 +The Rising Sun - 2ss
 +Woke Up With A Hand - 2ss

Hungering Darkness - 0ss
 +Hidden Agenda - 0ss

Beckoner - 7ss

Katanaka Sniper - 7ss

Shadow Emissary - 10ss
 +Conflux Of Hunger - 0ss

The Depleted - 4ss

The Illuminated - 7ss

The Illuminated - 7ss

EDIT: It had upgrade that made me unable to kill Huggy. He came back when model with Briliance was killed. Also thanks to 2 pushes from Emissary I had Huggy in middle of my crew turn 1

Yes, that is a pretty potent list, although I'm missing 'Recalled Training', possibly Smoke Grenades, on Huggy, and I don't think in TT Lynch you need the Beckoner. It's much more useful in NB, because there Lynch and his beaters have less lateral movement. In TT, I'd rather take somebody like Yin or the Lone Swordsman instead of that Beckoner, or possibly one or two TT Brothers. They are awesome-sauce with Lynch.

But that's a good face-crumpin' list ... :D

1 minute ago, TeddyBear said:

But if i play in tournament, and i declare t.t. can i use beckoners or depleted? (i think no)

You can, because Lynch is able to hire up to four 'Darkened' type models in his crews, and both Beckoners and Depleted are Darkened.

I personally feel at least TT Lynch doesn't really need all the brilliance shenanigans. A list with him tends to be Lynch, Huggy, Yu and then some others. Occasionally I add an Illuminated or two, but the main draw is the extreme card advantage and 0 cost henchman to allow some serious beatsticks and a handful of schemerunners to get the most out of your hand.

Ten Thunders 

50 SS Crew 

Jakob Lynch - 3-5 SS Cache

-Woke up with a Hand - 2 SS

-Endless Hunger - 2 SS

-Recalled Training - 1 SS

Huggy - 0 SS

-Hidden Agenda - 0 SS

Sensei Yu - 9 SS

-Wandering River Style - 2 SS

Beatstick - 9/10ish SS (Since my main opponents are Resser/Arcanist it often becomes a Kang, though the Emissary does quite nicely too) 

And then two to four 4 to 8 ss units that fit the scheme best. TT Brothers/Tengu for schemes, Chiaki/Tannen if I feel their niches might be needed, Illuminated for aggression/resiliency, archers if I feel I can get a lot of use out of their rapid fire or even a Samurai or two. Yin if I take Ama no Zako as a beatstick for a terrifying three some... You name it, you can fit it in. 

The core crew is basically centered around being able to lay some serious hurt anywhere in a 15-20" bubble of Yu/The Emissary. With Lynch, Huggy or the Beatstick generally able to drop just about any unit singlehandedly if they have Yu dedicating them to it, the speed this crew generates and the range Lynch brings generally allows them to pick off any scheme hunters that try to sneak by to make up for the lacking activation. They control the board by fear, essentially, and stick together a bit ready around the center of the board waiting to lash out in any direction at any moment. They're not even half-bad at scheming either, generally. Yu with his Might Gust, Calm Air and 7 walk, Huggy with his 6 and the group's tendency to stick withing charging range of each other. 

The rest of the models then flank around them, living in essentially a bubble of protection of the core crew looming over their shoulders.

It may not be the most synergetic of crews, but I feel Yu and Lynch's cycling for card advantage and his and Huggy's huge damage spikes allow for the extras to be composed of whatever you want, tailor made to execute your schemes to a T(T).

Neverborn Lynch seems to need particular synergies to work well. Lynch with The Rising Sun+Woke Up with A Hand+Wanna See A Trick to kill stuff dead, Huggy with Fears Given Form, Doppelganger, two Illuminated and a Beckoner to Lure the stuff you want dead or to get your crew around. Maybe some Terror Tots, or Graves and Tannen with Mimic's Blessing - and suddenly your crew has made itself. In Ten Thunders you have so much more freedom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeddyBear said:

But if i play in tournament, and i declare t.t. can i use beckoners or depleted? (i think no)

Depends on the strategy and schemes.  For "Guard the Stash", I've played Lynch a few times, and having 2 Depleted make it fairly easy to score points on the Stash markers.

Beckoners aren't as good, but if you need a suited "Lure", they're not bad.  Bringing another Illuminated wouldn't be a bad choice either.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2016 at 8:59 AM, Eclipse said:

Neverborn Lynch seems to need particular synergies to work well. Lynch with The Rising Sun+Woke Up with A Hand+Wanna See A Trick to kill stuff dead, Huggy with Fears Given Form, Doppelganger, two Illuminated and a Beckoner to Lure the stuff you want dead or to get your crew around. Maybe some Terror Tots, or Graves and Tannen with Mimic's Blessing - and suddenly your crew has made itself. In Ten Thunders you have so much more freedom.

I think you're confusing necessary synergies with just good synergies. It's basically the same as Sensei Yu being so ubiquitous in 10T.

I usually infiltrate a Beckoner into TT because Lynch and Huggy can both be pretty squishy.  The way I play, I find it extremely helpful to pull my opponent's models out of position to die so that I rack up activation control starting as early as turn 2 without putting my own glass cannons in harm's way.  The combination of bringing my opponent's models out of position and pushing a model of my own and giving it fast can lead to just about anything dying horribly. 4 AP Huggy who doesn't even need to charge to kill?  Why not!?  4 AP Lynch with Wanna see a Trick?  My god, I've killed a Rogue Necro and Seamus as well as an Izamu (ok at 7) and an Ama No Zako at full in a single activation.  So, right, Sensei Yu...

The terror tot sprint does seem great with Lynch, but there are just so many abusable discard abilities in TT.  In addition, Samurai and Recalled training are both great ways to fish for aces among other things.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

How do you do to give him the fourth ap?

By chance with Sensei yu and his upgrades that push him?

Wanna See A Trick? is Lynch's upgrade that allows him to do 2 points of damage for each ace he discards at the end of his turn to a model with Brilliance within 6 inches of him.

It is an ability that is just performed at the end of the turn.  It does not require AP, but it is essentially a fourth action he performs at the end of his turn (provided the conditions are in place). 

49 minutes ago, Solicitor 6 said:

Wanna See A Trick? is Lynch's upgrade that allows him to do 2 points of damage for each ace he discards at the end of his turn to a model with Brilliance within 6 inches of him.

It is an ability that is just performed at the end of the turn.  It does not require AP, but it is essentially a fourth action he performs at the end of his turn (provided the conditions are in place). 

Ahhh ok! Yes at end of Lynch's activation.. now remeber it :P