Hamlin

graeme27uk

So I used to play Hamelin in 1.5e but now he has changed quite a bit. Few questions:

1) The Blighted condition seems integral to his operation but does this build up sufficiently to actually be effective? What about condition removal - this would seem to be really effective vs Hamelin.

2) I assume like before you summon rats rather than hire them. Correct?

3) What is Hamelin's play style now? Is he a summoner / support / melee / ranged.... or other?

4) So I get the crew box set - what else would be needed to expand his crew. Does he do well with non-theme models?

1 The blighted is only integral is you choose to focus on it. He can play perfectly well without giving models blighted or makign use of it. Alternatively you can be lookign to get a few powerful bleeding dieseses, cheap charges with the rat kings, and use Nix to strongly penalise blighted models. If you are doing this, then you probably have more sources of Blighted, than they can remove. But you would probably want to target their condition removal early on. 

2 Its probably a bit of both. Depending on what you want to do. They will probably just occur without you doing anything if you want, but you can speed it up in several ways if you wan the rat king and catchers. 

3 Largely I would describe him as support, but he can mixit up if you want. 

4 The obvious requirement would be the brotherhood of the rat story encounter that comes with the Rat kings and Rat catchers. After that its up to you. He can work very well with any of the outcast models, and has the ability to hire Candy, Kade, iggy and Cruligans if you want. I think you would struggle if you just hired in theme models.  

1) Blight mechanics imo is too slow. If you focus on it, you might do dmg with that condition on turn 4/5. Problem? Conditions removal totally destroy you and - in tournament - often you do not end turn 4 and almost always you do not do turn 5. Moreover, even if you kill someone on turn 4/5 he probably already done what it was supposed to do...because, meanwhile, you do not apply any kind of debuff.

2) Yes, hiring rat is not very helpful

3) I use him as a obey-master with the tools to outactivate anyone in the game. That is what he really brings on the table. A thousands of activation to rule the game on the first two turn, playing chess and moving relevant pieces only when your opponent finished to move his pieces.

4) Brotherood of the rat is necessary, otherwise you can't play him