Hannah Conversion Question

Armond

So, just curious if anyone has seen a Hannah conversion where she would be inside the suit as opposed to being on the outside in that semi-awkward set-up?  I kind of imagine her being limbless, essentially encased in this magically-sealed and controlled armor.  Her head and torso of course being functional, but she is essentially entombed within.  Thoughts?

My concern for that sort of conversion is that you're essentially just putting Hanna's head on top of the giant robot body, and then filling in the divot on the front of the chest where the seat connects to.  So the end result is probably going to be a bit plain looking.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/plastic-build-instructions/2015/7/22/hannah?rq=hanna

Otherwise, it looks like her head's a separate piece and it looks like it would fit well enough in the well on top of the robot body.

I wouldn't just leave it totally plain.  I would do something to adorn it a bit more so it isn't so plain.  Add some cables, maybe a cylinder like how the strongarm suit has on its back, but on the front like how Von Schill carries it?  Shouldn't be all too difficult I don't think.  I have some time to think about it before I head back to home from the desert.  Just brainstorming.  I am just not a fan of the model with her positioned the way she is.

I think it sounds weird to leave her limbless, its too space marine dreadnough'ish.

If the robots body is big enough, I think it would be better to use her shoulders and maybe the upper parts of her arms too, making it look like she was crouched inside the body of the robot, controlling the it manually. Sort of like Tau XV8 suits.

I'm considering having Hannah standing in front of the suit, controlling it with a remote control rig of some sort or maybe just casually reading a book. I want to add a censer to the model too and make the other hand make a rude gesture.

I guess it really depends whether a person is aiming for a spell casting version of Karchev the Terrible from Warmachine.  But for that I think I'd want to make a really big book out of plastic card to put in one of the hands.  :tome

Personally, if I was putting together a regular edition Hannah, I think I'd go for the "Give the good lady some support" piloting harness conversion:

11 hours ago, Armond said:

So, just curious if anyone has seen a Hannah conversion where she would be inside the suit as opposed to being on the outside in that semi-awkward set-up?  I kind of imagine her being limbless, essentially encased in this magically-sealed and controlled armor.  Her head and torso of course being functional, but she is essentially entombed within.  Thoughts?

This is what my wife did for her regular Hannah conversion. I get a bit of a Mega Man X vibe, and it's hard to photograph, but it looks pretty good irl...

20160528_2023070.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, solkan said:

I guess it really depends whether a person is aiming for a spell casting version of Karchev the Terrible from Warmachine.  But for that I think I'd want to make a really big book out of plastic card to put in one of the hands.  :tome

Personally, if I was putting together a regular edition Hannah, I think I'd go for the "Give the good lady some support" piloting harness conversion:

"Give the good lady some support" piloting harness conversion?  I don't see anything.  Are you referencing something?

1 hour ago, Armond said:

"Give the good lady some support" piloting harness conversion?  I don't see anything.  Are you referencing something?

I was talking about the conversion by madjackdeacon in the other thread adding the straps and buckles so that it looked like something other than wishful thinking was holding Hannah onto her seat.

The harness is the later three images.

• Like 1

Ah ok, I get it now.  I will have to explore my options, the main problem I have is that Hannah looks slightly displaced to the left side of the construct/metal body.  She isn't centered.  I think I want to start the adjustment there.  This is assuming I keep her on the exterior.  I may put her inside, put together a book to be held in one of the hands.