Take your meds and Obey

feagaur

Question

If a model has been affected by 'take your meds' to limit it to, lets say, Mellee actions only. Can it be obeyed to do something else?

The take your meds states that it may only declare certain actions, whilst obey lets the caster of obey declare the actions, so will that get round it?

I can't find anything in the FAQ or on here already so hopefully someone can clear it up for me.

Ta very much

5 answers to this question

If you are allowed to declare ml actions, and you have a Ml attack and pounce, then yes, you can.

If you can only declare walk and interact actions, then no you can't. You also can't declare a disengaging strike. 

If you have pounce and only Ca/sh attacks, then no you can't pounce. (or make disengaging strikes)

EDIT Pounce does specify Ml attack actions, so a model with pounce and ca attacks couldn't ever use them in the pounce. 

From page 35 of the rules manual

Resolving Actions is a fairly straight forward affair. The model simply proceeds
through four steps, regardless of Actions type (Tactical or Attack). During a model’s
Activation, the following steps are used to resolve an Action by the model:
1. Declare Action & Spend AP
2. Perform Duels
3. Resolve Results

The Nurse limits what you can declare in Step 1. 

Pounce lets you declare a (1) ml attack if a model ends a push or move within 1" of it, so it will still go through the resolving actions steps for the rule book, of which the first  is to declare the action. 

That very example is something I use in my Seamus and Molly lists if I attempt a Belle Bomb, as in a cluster of Belles and Doxies that attempt to gain advantage by moving you into a cluster of them and thus initiating multiple Pounces. It's not a good tactic in many match ups, but if she has nothing better to do my Nurse will often hit a Doxy, even after she has activated, with Hallucinogens. A Pounce taking model with Ml 6 and min dmg of 4 can be a very scary proposition.

• Like 1

That's kinda what I've been doing but with Lelu and Lilitu., it just means I have to let Lelu go so he can do his 0 action to get pounce then use the nurse to give them both Hallucinogens and have a doppleganger close by to lure things into a little ball of death.