Snow Storm packaging

Bengt

For some reason Snow Storm has been crammed into the smallest type of box Wyrd uses. The sprue has been cut in two (as it's the length of the medium boxes) and the box ends up bulging where Storm's back is pressed against it. For my copy this meant that some of the fur detail got smushed. Now this wasn't that hard to tidy up and just means he will have slightly shorter fur than he's supposed to. Still, it's an annoying practice and if it continues it's just a matter of time until some other model has more important details ruined. So please Wyrd, think a little further in the future when selecting packaging for your models.

• Like 1

I have noticed some interesting packaging with other models as well, going back to the Arachnid Swarms. The choice to cut sprues for packaging just doesn't look professional, more so when the included sprues also don't match up (i.e. it is obviously cut from a different sprue). So far my purchases haven't had any obvious damage or missing parts, but each time I open a new box and see the cut sprues I wonder if this will be the one.

I was in a store the other day and noticed it, I'd say they've ordered the wrong packaging and are just using it to get rid of it, the box of plastic mindless zombies I bought a while ago was in a crew box sized box even though the sprue would have fit in a medium sized box, but i saw them recently in the smaller size package. 

Oh there are a lot of stuff that has their sprues cut up, but Snow Storm is the first I've had that have been damaged. Out of my recent batch, Silent Ones, Shikome, Komainu (3 pieces), and Gaki (cast onto two sprues, one uncut and the cut one which is ~5 cm longer than the medium boxes :P). Gakis also had a bulging box but seems to have gotten away with it because the contact points are the smooth robes.