Relenting and cheating the attack

teddyclaw

Question

Hi guys,

I have two scenarios around relenting and cheating the attack flip. One is from my personal experience with Nurses, one came up when I read some other thread I unfortunately can't find anymore.

The first one:

I try to medicate one of my models with a Nurse and choose to relent. Let say I flip a 7 of masks but want to use the crow trigger. Two questions about this:

- Can I cheat with a lower crow card (say a 5 of crows) and the choice to relent would still make the defenders result count as a tied flip? Or would the attack miss entirely?

- Can I cheat the attackers flip at all?

The second one goes in a similar direction. I read in the threat I mentioned above that you can chose to relent when shooting into an engagement and hitting your own model. In that case, again:

- Can I cheat the attackers flip at all?

- When cheating down, does the attack miss or still count as tied due to the choice to relent?

If I am not making sense at all, just let me know :D

Thanks
Matt

4 answers to this question

Yup as Ludvig said it's literally always a tie, even if your total would normally be unable to hit the defender (e.g. Sh4 vs Df6 and you flip a 1) or your total would not be able to be matched by the defender (e.g. Ml7 vs Df4 and you flip a 13). You never miss when you relent.

The most important thing to note when relenting:  The defender doesn't flip at all.  That's the major part of the reason why the result is considered a tie--there's nothing at all to compare the result to.

About the only way you can fail when relenting is if there's a TN value for the attack.