Rasputina, Mei... what's next?

DrNik

I've been playing Malifaux quite a while for now but started from Perdita and now i'm all on Arcanists.

I have all the frozen heart and obvious stuff available for now (Acolytes, Snow Storm, Blessed, Hoarcat Pride, second pack of winter gamins, Essence of power, general upgrades) so I just would ask for some advice what else could be useful for Rasputina? Bishop or Angelica or performer (for more paralized)? Joss or Captain? Soulstone miner? Silent ones?

I really like diversity but more interested in competitive play with her. But one can't win with only 1 master. How about more masters to balance Rasputina weaknesses (what are they btw?). How about Colette or Kaeris? Don't really like Ramos theme because don't wanna play robospiders but would have to buy for Joss... Heard Ironside isn't too tournament oriented.

Also i recently bought Mei Feng crew box with Rail Golem, Metal Gamins and Willie. The idea was to better cover melee match ups (not really sure if it's correct), but in the end i would like to go deeper into Ten Thunders with Mei as a starting point.

thing with arcanists you can win tourneys with one master :D

I won with a fixed mei feng crew

I nearly won with a fixed kaeris crew (damn reflip init RJ)

So guess I like the masters from the bottom end of the curve. now to try and win one with ironsides

Ramos however is a very good box as Joss sees alot of use in other crews for me (and howard does for other people). my ramos, ironsides, kaeris and mei feng crews all make use of joss

Here's what i'm planning to use as range attack roster:

Rasputina - main range attacker

December Acolyte - for missions

Essense of Power - Rasputina cast buff

Silent Ones - miniRasputina with healing

Snow Storm - movement and def buff

Winter Gamins - arc nodes for spells

And here's a roster for devour (taking as much paralizing figures as possible):

Rasputina - paralized

Bishop/Joss/Ama No Zako - paralized/paralized/devour

Silent ones - paralized

Wendigo - devour #1

Hoarcat Pride - devour #2-4

Angelica - paralized

Performer - paralized

Winter Gamins - arc nodes for spells

What do you think?

As for Mei Feng Box I ordered Metal Gamins, Willie and Rail Golem - anything else i would need? And for Colette Box - Coryphee. I also have Mechanical Rider and Blessed of December.

And i'm thinking about Arcane Effigy, Molemen box and Firestarter - what do you think?

Ice Gamin's main claim to fame is Bite of Winter and they have no benefit as Ice Mirrors over any other Frozen Hearts. So I wouldn't include more than one or maybe two and keep those close to your damaging models and use other models as Mirrors.

Building a list around Devour is terrible. You need a :crow(or a :tome for Ama, though she can stone for hers it can also be cancelled by discarding) to get it off and Hoarcats will never hit anything with their 4 Ml. Also almost all of those models need various suits for their paralysed triggers. So in the end you have a list that wont paralyse very much and will Devour even less.

Ama can stone for the devour trigger, but you need to get the paralysed off first. I'd recommend swapping her for either Hannah (Woot, more hand too) or Cassandra (woot, speeeeeeeed) as they can then copy an attack to paralyse someone, stoning for the trigger as needed. 

The Wendigo can paralyse too by copying Raspy. Just something to bear in mind. 

The silent one is a bad source of paralysis. Excellent model otherwise, but if you specifically want to paralyse people I'd look elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Bengt said:

Ice Gamin's main claim to fame is Bite of Winter and they have no benefit as Ice Mirrors over any other Frozen Hearts. So I wouldn't include more than one or maybe two and keep those close to your damaging models and use other models as Mirrors.

I mostly use them as cheap models i can put all over the deployment zone so i could control most of the table without even moving Rasputina. Even bought second box of them.

1 hour ago, Bengt said:

Building a list around Devour is terrible. You need a :crow(or a :tome for Ama, though she can stone for hers it can also be cancelled by discarding) to get it off and Hoarcats will never hit anything with their 4 Ml.

One of Rasputina upgrade can make paralized models suffer and it would be easier to cheat.

16 minutes ago, Tayne said:

I'd recommend swapping her for either Hannah (Woot, more hand too) or Cassandra (woot, speeeeeeeed) as they can then copy an attack to paralyse someone, stoning for the trigger as needed.

What you mean by woot? I have Cassandra from Colette box.

If you have a recommended amount of terrain you wont be able "control most of the table" from your deployment zone (well except maybe with close deployment) regardless of how many Ice Gamin you have. But anyway, you should really try using Bite of Winter, that extra damage can add up.

No amount of Shatter will help if you don't have any :crowin your hand. Just blasting or punching whoever to death gets much easier with Shatter though. In my opinion "forcing" Devour takes more resources than it's worth and it should be used opportunistically with the Wendigo.