Malifaux Novellas and Novels, a thing?

Kobayashi

Hey there,

I like the world of Malifaux and some companies just give out extra novels from it's game characters. Given; just because other companies do it, does not mean you have to do it yourself.

Though the good thing would be:

• You can flesh out some models backstory and with the abundance of characters in the game there is much to choose from

• You can give highlights to models that might not have an Impact on the overall story, that is going around

• You can create hype for maybe upcoming models to go with it.

Also:

• With eReaders, ebooks can be distributed easily without finding someone to print your books. Also easy delivery :D

So pretty please give stories :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

There is also lore in the old rule books.  Somewhere someone even put together a story arc timeline for the various source stories so that you could read them in order. [and I hope someone has the link handy and posts it in this thread as I neglected to print it out the first time I saw it :(]

That said, there are quite a few of us who have occasionally lobbied for Wyrd to gather up the various stories into a single bound volume (or two, depending on length).  Like you, and I think many of us, I have a strong preference for a single book--even a book that is a bound volume of already published short stories.  [Dear Wyrd, I would be willing to help]

A volume of new material is also something I, and I expect many others, would welcome and willingly pay for.  

This would be awesome and would be something I'd want to buy and read, but I don't really expect it to happen. Publishing a full novel, or even just a shorter 100 page book, is a different kind of undertaking than the short story approach Wyrd have gone with so far. That said, I'm really surprised that the stories from 1st edition haven't been collected and sold as an eBook yet. The PDFs of the old rule books aren't the same and aren't as good as a proper eBook would be, in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

We actually are working on a few things along those lines. Not something that'll happen overnight and isn't something we're making top priority, but work has been put into it and eventually will come to light. 

Awww... and right when I thought my money is safe, you come around and drop some nuggets that crack wallets open. Though would love to know more about that "along those lines", but I guess I have to wait for something official to drop... so will someone hire Aoinus already to make time go faster?

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
On 1/26/2016 at 6:02 AM, paradoxstorm said:

There is also lore in the old rule books.  Somewhere someone even put together a story arc timeline for the various source stories so that you could read them in order. [and I hope someone has the link handy and posts it in this thread as I neglected to print it out the first time I saw it :(]

That said, there are quite a few of us who have occasionally lobbied for Wyrd to gather up the various stories into a single bound volume (or two, depending on length).  Like you, and I think many of us, I have a strong preference for a single book--even a book that is a bound volume of already published short stories.  [Dear Wyrd, I would be willing to help]

A volume of new material is also something I, and I expect many others, would welcome and willingly pay for.  

Here you go:

Chronicles vol1 & vol2: Pre-release

Core Rulebook (1.5e): August 2009

Chronicles vol3: Just after release

Rising Powers Book (1.5e): August 2010

Twisting Fates (1.5e): Late 2011

Storm of Shadows (1.5e): Late 2012

Chronicles vol4 - vol 6: early-mid 2013

Core 2nd Edition: late 2013

Chronicles vol7 - vol12 (???)

Malifaux - Crossroads Expansion - 2E (july 2014 ???)

Chronicles vol13 (???) - vol19 (2015.08.20)

Malifaux - Shifting Loyalties - 2E (2015.09.11)

Chronicles vol20 (2015.10.19) - vol25 (2016.08.25)

Malifaux - Ripples of Fate - 2E (2016.10.04)

Chronicles vol26 (2016.10.04) - vol31 (2017.08.31)

Malifaux - Broken Promises - 2E (2017.10.16)

Chronicles vol32 (2017.10.19) - vol34 (2018.02.19

• Like 1